After Shock recordings

blissblogger

the first one i've got is #6 Industry Standard with 'creep crawler' on it

should i be pining for the #1 to #5?

also what was #8, and should i be pining for that too?

(trying to pull together a terror danjah and pals comp, suggestions welcomed)

Woebot

blissblogger said:
the first one i've got is #6 Industry Standard with 'creep crawler' on it

should i be pining for the #1 to #5?

also what was #8, and should i be pining for that too?

(trying to pull together a terror danjah and pals comp, suggestions welcomed)

yes! yes! yes!

the best label.

amongst mine are (and this is literally off the top of my head):

cockback (fist release)
frontline
frontline remix
gansta toys
the armour one (not very good/cant remember what its called)
so sure
so contagious

ive thought a few of the riddim eps he's put out strained the patience, though the one with "juggling" on it (is that the same one with "creep crawler" is made by that tune.

C

captain easychord

yes aftershock are certified gold.

also "get me" (bruza). can't really get into his uber-britishness but the 12" comes with an instrumental.

Backjob

Crazy Titch - "I can cu" has got to be on there...

Bruza - "Bruzin" is okay also, not great tho.

Backjob

Oh yeah, also:

Kano - "leave me alone" and "Love is here to stay" are on Aftershock too, aren't they?

I actually really dislike both those tunes for the awful singing on the hook and lacklustre performance from Kano, but they're quite typical of this year's "Aftershock sound", just not as good as "so contagious".

S

simon silverdollar

i love, 'love is here to stay'. it's a bit catchier and over the top than 'so contagious' and i like that.
one of the best terror danjah productions is his one for 'boogey man'. can't remember what the riddim is called, but yeah, the one used in boogey man is wicked.

also the remix to shystie's 'one wish' is ravey + dreamy.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Looking forward to some decent grime mixes.

Grime seems to have a pretty poor nugget-to-filler ratio in my view. Just not enough good records. I need some quality mixes -- not mere compilations -- to focus on.

In the meantime -- 8Ts fast chat. Soon come.

Woebot

simon silverdollar said:
i love, 'love is here to stay'. it's a bit catchier and over the top than 'so contagious' and i like that.
one of the best terror danjah productions is his one for 'boogey man'. can't remember what the riddim is called, but yeah, the one used in boogey man is wicked.

also the remix to shystie's 'one wish' is ravey + dreamy.

BOGEY MAN definitely (forgot that). i know you like the shystie remix, but, well, i dont (so there!)

havent heard 'love is here to stay yet.

confusing how many of his new ones are coming out as whites before getting the label/logo treatment. are they strapped for cash or wot?

S

simon silverdollar

terror danjah's 'poltergeist' is a remix of a Target track.

not sure if this is on aftershock or not, but the davinche remix of 'frontline', with kele le roc on the vocals, is over biggle.

ambrose

isnt syers "stds" on aftershock? thats pretty funny, if a bit gross

gansta toys and the armour tune are a bit so-so.

owen

i love the incongrousness in 'stds', that lovely, prissy tabla and this boorish nastiness over the top.
its on aim high though isnt it? mind you i actually like gangsta toyz so what do i know.... :eek: (c'mon! the bit where demon goes 'when, when?' and then it buckles into that atonal grind. marvellous

owen

heheh actually i was playing it when i was (briefly) working at MVE, someone came up to the counter and said 'what is this?', i beamed and was all ready to say 'ah gentle customer, this is grime, the new sound of young east london' then they said 'its fucking horrible'.

S

simon silverdollar

i cannot believe people don't like gangsta toyz. honestly, i'm genuinely shocked...

wow.

it's an amazing tune. perfect in every way.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Shouldn't 'So Sure' get a release on 679 if Kano's singles continue to drum up interest? That's would be a surefire hit if it did get a release.

mms

sometimes
simon silverdollar said:
terror danjah's 'poltergeist' is a remix of a Target track.

not sure if this is on aftershock or not, but the davinche remix of 'frontline', with kele le roc on the vocals, is over biggle.

poltergeist remix is on aim high.
have u heard another really bass heavy mix of frontline, can't remember who it's by, someone who djs on rinse i think

cooper

mms said:
poltergeist remix is on aim high.
have u heard another really bass heavy mix of frontline, can't remember who it's by, someone who djs on rinse i think

there are whites of a frontline remix going around that basically just seem to be an edit job on the original; cuts the guitar into staccato stabs.

did anyone mention crazy titch - "i can c u, can u c me"?

for a dj tool i personally like the "payback ep"
frontline - terrah danjah remix
crazy beat remix
meridian walk (meridian crew remix)
cock back (magnum & dok remix)

cock back remix is the gem, i think. little synth blurts, cocking noises, bass farts, little else. big hole in the middle of it.

cooper

baboon2004 said:
Shouldn't 'So Sure' get a release on 679 if Kano's singles continue to drum up interest? That's would be a surefire hit if it did get a release.

rumors were going round a few months ago that majors were fighting over "so sure" - apparently that's why whites were limited when it did appear. all quiet since then, though.

mms

sometimes
are meridian crew from north london?
it's time for some of the young uns to pop through right now i think.