Summadayze Melbourne Australia 2006

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Fadboy Slim played a massive NYE @ Bondi set last night, then flies over to Melbourne that had 42C weather, only to have today washed out (almost) into that sorta drizzly UK weather in the Middle of Summa!! Me and fellow space-traveller buddy smoked some skunk and shuffled through Tall (not Prince ) Paul) set of trance-Europe house or whatever, you know fucken Paul Van Dyke/Dick/Duck/Dreck but with more of a house flava. I completely missed the sorta (for three minutes) highly touted Teifshwarz.

Fatboy SLim is basically the new Carl Cox. Always interesting how on the *massive* scale dance muzak do's the basic business paradigm is to go for that 'slammin' 'rave' sound. I really don't understand why it still holds firm - prolly one because when you have crowds of 20,000+, 19500 of them are suburban tards on Ecstasy (that's a big business for drug dealers and other fucking filth), and two, if it aint broke don't fix it must be mainstream/corporate raves never to be defeated motto.

It was great that this 'day' gig lets you see how really ugly some people are when taken outta the dim zone of da club. Lotsa tarts in caked on make-up and lotsa Muscle-Marios hyped up on E's and Roids and gaying out for the occasion and of course yr middle and upper-middle class tripper/hedonist Larry Clark 'Bully'/VICE mag types... Interesting how someone said they are lotsa jocks at Fatboy gig. *Yes* there are LOTS of jocks (but also thousands of *other* types too, so that statement which someone made in ma previous thread was made by one shitty-and-hyper-sensitive bedsit rotter!) One fucken genetic defective wearing a singlet that said 'off duty police officer'!! (I kid you the fucken not!) had trouble with his brolly, so the tard just basically ripped it to shreds so he could cover himself with the brolly's minscule cloth!#$%@! Anyway as I said earlier, Fatboy is the new Carl Cox and plays sorta housey/ravey anthems with snippets of his 'trademarks' (funk soul brother chant, etc..) and a few moments of 'everybody needs a 303'. Fatboy would love to be a house DJ, as all the geezers tend to want...

Roger Sanchez is prolly the most 'solid' mega-mainstream DJ going around. Plays straight up housey-anthems with pop cross-breeze. Innaresting that Sanchez rarely uses the drum/noise/rush rave up - he just slams you constant with the house badoom! By that stage my green-Mitsu kicked in and my head turned into a cabbage.

Look, I'm not waiting for the world, and me and half the gig was drenched. There were at least 20thou people there, and there were almost soccer-riot stampedes because people were scampering to the Music-Bowl undercover dome to get outta the annoying spitting rain. But it's incredible what good drugs (I had Spiritualized's 'good dope good fun buzzing in the consciousness) can do to generally blech situations, and the clouds cleared enough to dry us all off and freak the evening away.