Pure Fire grime/crunk/reggaeton etc, Weds at subtonic

petergunn

plywood violin
hey...
thanks to everyone who came out Kid Chameleon last week... he played some nasty tunes and fun time was had... this week, myself, Crito, and Reaganomics are holding it down.. should be a blast...

pure fire
a night of esoteric urban noise

grime/breakcore/reggaeton/crunk/dancehall/more

weds
tonic
107 norflok
LES
9pm-late

crack:

D'explicit- HENCH ep ...he remakes the same song for like the 14th time, and it's still good...

diplo- diplo rhthym ...a few years old, a fun record w/ Vybes Cartel and some Baile Funk chick all spitting over the same track...

3 6 Mafia- most known unknowns LP ...finally got a vinyl copy of this, it only came out as clean promo only, but some of the tracks are insane... "P-ssy got ya hooked" has this really menacholy, minor key string melody that if you didn't speak english, you'd swaer they were talking about like a death in the family... nope... p-ssy got ya hooked!

lil wanye- tha carter Vol 2 ...i dunno if anyone noticed, but Lil Wayne sounds like Jay Z now... it was slim pickins this year, but this was one of 2005's best hip hop records...

that new Busta single that samples Daft Punk... is Swizz Beats back? maybe... it's a pretty hot song...

and i know Crito just got a bunch of sick stuff in, like some new Bong Ra...