Bruza's mix cd

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
I got it yesterday -- I've really been suprised.
£5 and looks really cheap as well, but the music is great! I've never been a big fan of Bruza, but there are real quality tracks on it as well as a few experiments which make it intresting. Anyone listened to it yet?

On a side note, the quality output of quality mix cds seem to continue in 2006 -- Aim High 3, Ears, JME, Newham Generals, Riko, Guns N Roses 2........That makes my teeth water :)

boomnoise

♫
haven't heard it yet but i intend to get it for the collection. bruza's great for entertainment value. that track with dido is horrific though isn't it!!

Jezmi

not as bad as the sophie ellis baxtor remix thing.....but i like them in the lineup
Bruza does well on Sitting Here -- and Expert Player is my favourite track

Blackdown

nexKeysound
saw this in uptown, he might have well made the cover with some prit stick n sissors himself it's so shabby. passed over it because it looked like most of his 12" releases.

bought ghetto and true tiger instead. the latter's pretty slick.

Jezmi

Yeah it is mostly his 12" releases, but i'm glad he put them on a cd a sells them for a fraction of the price :)
But yeah i didn't expect much because of the lack of cd case and pritt image, but it suprised me. Sound quality is a lot better than Ghetto's

boomnoise

♫
true tiger true true tiger! slick as, well worth the wait. the wiley track is sublime.

i'm with you jez - these cds are great for people who don't/can't buy vinyls on the regular.

Jezmi

Do you hear the same simularities as i do between their WD25 riddim and Slicks' No Bass riddim?
Personally I love the melodic, minimal tunes......I hope to find both on vinyl (i do buy vinyl, but hardly vocals and only ones that I think I would play in 20 years time)

gumdrops

dont think im going to be getting this (although saying that, i probably will just to be nice and out of curiosity) cos the thought of bruza for a whole mixtape fills me with horror and while mixtapes are cool, theyre so hit and miss i dont know if i can afford to buy every grime mcs' mixtape that gets released

Immryr

am i the only person who thought the true tiger mixtape was, on the whole, pretty bad??

whats with all these 2003 beats?

Cornflake

i couldnt bring myself to buying it...with all the hype i almost did, but im glad that cooler heads prevailed. Ive heard some of it, has its moments but on the whole i think that the hype was not just

Jezmi

I couldn't have put it any better. There are a few gems, but it doesn't rank at the top