practice hours 2 dvd

S

simon silverdollar

thought that there should be a thread about this, especially with at least a couple of dissensians being involved in it.

so, what's everyone think? me, i think it's pretty good, and perfect for post-pub moments when yr all sitting around but not ready to go to bed yet- there are few things better in such a situation that watching shedloads of grime freestyles.

the interviews are often pretty boring, though, and i'm starting to wonder if they're all that necessary. i mean, everyone just goes, 'yeah man, working on my album, bare producers on it, working on a coupla new things with [insert crew name here], ang tight____, and____, and big up _______ every time' etc etc. i don't really see the point.

and the god's gift interview is just very, very strange.

but, back to the freestyles. trim's and wiley's are incredible- trim needs to do a vocal of 'duppy', cuz he fits perfectly with it.
also really loving snipe keedo's, ghetto's, all in one's, esco bar's, brazen's, doctor's and montana's,
but REALLY impressed with this milton keyne's MC's freestyle- i think he's called F Tizzle? i don't know anything about him, but i definitely want to check out stuff by him now.

Woebot

yeah nice one si, we need more grime threads!

i NEVER wanted less Grime threads I just wanted less Grime Spam, all that self-promotional guff that we've now relegated to the ERM forum.*

*not that there isn't EXCELLENT stuff that gets posted there as well.

S

simon silverdollar

really liked the graphics you did on the practice hours dvd, btw matt- maintaining practice hour's position as the best looking grimedvd out there.

Jim Daze

Not known for my grime posts, however I went down Rythm yesterday to buy 'Practice Hours' after matts bit on it (nice graphics dude, like the spinning ident), found it really interesting and inspiring, agree with you though Simon about the interviews, loved Wileys words of wisdom about Eskimo and when he's spitting about going to Sterns, excellent. Anyway the last time i went down Rythm I got my mini disc nicked, about two years ago. this time I'm buyin the dvd and in walks Wiley himself, he's moaning about not selling enough mix cd's cos everyone just copies them but concieds that it's o.k as long as he gets some work out of the exposure, seems like a really nice chap, genuine y'get me ;)

ambrose

just doing a lot of agreeing today but yeah, like the title, bit bored of interviews. the contents are a bit stark, only 8 different chapters, might have liked to see them split down a bit more into freestyles, interviews etc. there doesnt seem to be anything silly or lighthearted, which goes in with the graphics etc but it feels a bit austere. as for the content, i only saw the ruff sqwad bit so far, thought rapid wasnt up to much. thats all for now