big satan

HA-DO-KEN!
both next friday, which do you think?

http://www.fabriclondon.com/club/listings.php

82538018_5521c00ce1.jpg

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Straight Outta Bethnal is a party.

Roll Deep will be there. I'll be there. It's going to be a shower curtain affair.

outraygeous

im gona be at straight outa bet-nalllll

the fabric thing looks good but clashes with the bethnal thing. and is really about fabric?? only sometimes..

sweaty men in the dnb room, the amount of people chewing off their faces on the exit stairs and the broom cupboard they call room 3
still they have that oriental girl with blonde hair that works behind the bar - that is a good look.

when i land at 333 im grabing the mic and sending for nathan barley

who is it....??

big satan

HA-DO-KEN!
hail

i hope that doesn't mean riko won't be appearing with roll deep at fabric as it looks like that's where i'm going to be going. i would have gone to 333 but my brother is keen for fabric and it's his last night here before he goes back to serbia.

Fiddy

here's full details for anyone who wants them...

Following it's November launch which saw stage diving, mic checking and moshing aplenty, Straight Outta Bethnal on Jan 20th brings another industrial portion of indoor street party action to Shoreditch. In the main room expect an extravaganza of all things urban, booty bouncing and jump up with the likes of Lil Jon, Gwen Stefani, Chaka Khan, Shy FX, Notorious B.I.G and even Phil Collins all about to be thrown into the mix thanks to Crackin Skullz, DJ Samurai (Def Jam UK) Matchstick (Warner), Rossi B & Qualifide. The critically acclaimed Run The Road will be lifting the roof in the basement with live grime and UK anthems courtesy of Kiss 100's Logan Sama, DJ Maximum, Wiley (who'll be showcasing tracks from his sophomore album, 2nd Phaze, for the first time ever) , Target (launching his Aim High 3 Mix CD/DVD), Skepta (exclusive DJ set from one of Londons biggest MC's!), Meridian Crew (Bossmans first gig since getting out of the slammer), Jammer, Bearman and friends. Meanwhile Simon Rose (679) & Jimmy Doc will have the rafters shaking in the Mother Bar. Bet your gran Prince Harry's gonna want guestlist...

"It's the sort of night you'd want to go to, too. Get down and represent" i-D Magazine

"This night kicked off with a (hmmm what's louder than a bang?)... A massive night" RWD Magazine

C

captain easychord

fuck fabric, like outyrageous pointed out, it's not about the chewy-faced burberry crew

Fiddy

I didn't see much of what actually happened unfortunately, heard a few new bars from Wiley but he didn't seem as hype as when we were in Paris other month. I'd hoped he would do Stormy Weather but don't know if he did?! Night was a success all in all but despite supposed stage control procedures been in place, I got called to the basement cause stage was rammed so was majorly pissed off to find a bag of swag MC's trying to hog the mic. Obviously there's always a few who will turn up and spit and are actually good but beside the point - you book people for a reason. I'm going to have a serious think about how to try and stop this happening again. Trying to get the mic back off these guys was like robbing them. Most people in the audience didn't seem to mind (bar Prancehall), they know how grime goes, it's every man for himself on a stage!

Personally really enjoyed the main room for a whole 20 mins with the funk and old skool soul selection from Matchstick. Complete contrast to what was going on in other room but seemed to work.

Anyone go Fabric, how was it. And Happy Birthday Heatwave, did it go well?

C

captain easychord

i was in attendance at 333 and enjoyed the free for all, i almost always prefer that kind of set over a live PA/showcase kind of deal. there were a few dickheads though, the format doesn't work when some 16 year old hogs the mic for 32 bars at a time.

big satan

HA-DO-KEN!
hail

i went to fabric and it was so so, lethal b was good, i waited till 3am for roll deep to turn up and it was like fucking amateur hour, except it they only played for about 20 minutes. this was the first time i'd seen them, i'd heard they're supposed to be great live, is this really true? and is 20 mins the normal amount of time to expect them to play for?

C

captain easychord

big satan said:
i went to fabric and it was so so, lethal b was good, i waited till 3am for roll deep to turn up and it was like fucking amateur hour, except it they only played for about 20 minutes. this was the first time i'd seen them, i'd heard they're supposed to be great live, is this really true? and is 20 mins the normal amount of time to expect them to play for?

you got bumped, shoulda gone to 333.

big satan

HA-DO-KEN!
hail

how long was wiley's set at 333?

in 7 years of gig going i don't think i've seen a worse performance from a headline act, apart from maybe yasunao tone.