Coffee is the real enemy.

Woebot

As a compliment to the burgeoning weed thread I'd like to point out that the real enemy is in fact COFFEE.

sufi

lala
oof
having a hellish busy day running my whole office single handedly with my hair on fire

wanted to post on the ganja thread to show that smoking EXCESSIVE amounts of high grade does not impede effective middle management but too busy so far,

but 1st a strong MACHIATO.....

Last edited:

rewch

helprin

novelist mark helprin in memoirs from antproof case has a protagonist whose entire raison d'être is the destruction of coffee...caffeine is in his eyes the enemy of everything that humanity can achieve...in fact k-punk's rant about ganja could (almost) have been lifted word for word from said novel...with the obvious substitution...i too am enjoying the old double espresso macchiato...and that molecule [above left] that's caffeine that is...arabica though, none of that robusta shite...cheers sufi

Woebot

&catherine said:
Is it really? Why's that then?

Well if you can argue that marijuana demotivates a relatively small number of potential political activists, then surely you could say that coffee keeps a much larger number of people grafting for Kapital. It's an insiduous prop, a low-level amphetamine tailor-made to the necessities of production.

Rambler

Awanturnik
Following Woebot's argument, there are lots of other capital-based reasons why coffee is the real enemy - exploitation of third world farmers, that sort of thing.

Personally, it just gives me stomach cramps so I stick with tea.

rewch

WOEBOT said:
Well if you can argue that marijuana demotivates a relatively small number of potential political activists, then surely you could say that coffee keeps a much larger number of people grafting for Kapital. It's an insiduous prop, a low-level amphetamine tailor-made to the necessities of production.

and it ensures misery for the producer, enslaved to multinational companies & commodities markets...checck nestle &c...must give it up, but i've been enormously addicted/enslaved my entire adult life...which didn't stop me being unemployed & unproductive (at least in the capitalist sense) for most of that time...

Last edited:

Woebot

Rambler said:
Personally, it just gives me stomach cramps so I stick with tea.

Still the same caffeine fix I'm afraid Tim. Actually it'd be better saying "Caffeine is the real enemy" because then you include Coca Cola (and Red Bull!) Cumilatively it MUST be the planet's biggest daily hit.

luka

coffee fucks me up. jitters my brain out till i cant think any thoughts, just a feedback drone.

it's a surprisingly shitty drug. When recently I was in hospital, nil by mouth for ages and then they were late with the operation, I started getting this massive headache. I spoke to the anasthetic guy before surgery and told him about it and he tells me it's cos I hadn't had any caffeine for a long time. He was right, all I could think about was getting a coffee. Had to wait til I woke up again. Then I had three.

S'not even like I drink loads either, just two/three a day (that's not a lot is it?). I dunno, makes you think about giving it up....

hamarplazt

100% No Soul Guaranteed
infinite thought said:
S'not even like I drink loads either, just two/three a day (that's not a lot is it?)

Well, are you talking cups or litres? I drink at least three litres of tea each day. I suppose that's a lot.

Jay Vee

I dunno. Espresso n' hot water (called an "Americano" for some silly reason) every night after work revives me like nothing else. A charm. I really wouldn't be able to focus on my own music after 8 hours of working on other people's if it wasn't for coffee. Never drink it in the morning, though.