Festivals/Musical Events?

run_time

Interested in hearing what festivals and large scale musical events people are heading to. Am returning to Sonar (day time events then night time in Barcelona) after a period off but wondering if others have suggestions for places to soak up the audio and atmosphere

D

droid

Seriously thinking of heading to some of those reggae festivals in Italy this summer. Been to Summerjam in Koln a couple of times - and it was good - though too crowded when i was there (and that was a few years back). Im also hoping the Italians will be a bit more laidback and hospitable than the filthy and obnoxious German alcoholics who seemed to clog up the campsite at summerjam when I was last there...

matt b

Indexing all opinion
went to this last summer:

http://www.moormusicfestival.com

small and nicely chilled (although a touch crusty and too much juggling) on moor overlooking wharfe valley

iration steppas were obviously the highlight with mark iration constantly berating /chanting at the sound man to 'make it like a soundsystem'- hilarious.

could also drive home for a shit in 15 minutes!

S

simon silverdollar

will definitely try to make it to the glade again. bit too heavy on the dirty psy trance side of things, but you can bliss out in front of the sancho panza sound system for 3 days, which makes it all worth while.

Gabba Flamenco Crossover

High Sierra Skullfuck
I went to the tapestry festival last year and it was a top laugh. Not many festivals which allow you to nip into padstow for a nice pub lunch while the warm up acts are on.

I've developed a rather embarressing affection for stoner rock thanks to the hippy soundsystem who set up next to our, like... tents. Dude.

Gabba Flamenco Crossover

High Sierra Skullfuck
simon silverdollar said:
will definitely try to make it to the glade again. bit too heavy on the dirty psy trance side of things, but you can bliss out in front of the sancho panza sound system for 3 days, which makes it all worth while.

My friends who went said it was like a free party you had to pay for - not the most ringing endorsement.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
droid said:
:eek: The Holy grail of Festival attendance!

yep, even if the festival was awful i'd be tempted to attend just for the smug feeling this engenders