Breakbeats and Sleighbells

Chef Napalm

Lost in the Supermarket
In this post I challenged the forum to name the breakbeat-and-sleighbell track I overheard at The Gap. No luck. *sigh*

In the last 24h I've become so obsessed with the idea of sleighbells in dance music that I'm expanding my request.

Name any dance track that includes sleighbells. I don't care if it's a hip hop tune about hash bars in Amsterdam or a gabba track spouting German protest chants; if it's got sleighbells, I want to know about it. I want to blow some minds at my Xmas bash this year.

Dissensions unite! Take back Christmas!

nomos

Administrator
Common Sense - "Heidi Hoe" (i think) from "Can I Borrow a Dollar." From what I remember it was a pretty cool track with bells marred only by some pretty questionable lyrics. This was way before he met Erykah.

mms

sometimes
i've got a whole album of christmas hip hop on tape somewhere and there is a wish u a merry christmas acid track by armando where he wishes an acid christmas and an acid new year with the melody programmed into the 303.
easy e fucked up christmas and a fucked up new year..
there is that run dmc christmas track off the top of my head, christmas in the ghetto it might be called.
as for gabba there is that track by rotterdam termination source, merry xmess. absolutley hilarious, it has sleighbells too

Last edited:

soul_pill

There is a ragga breakcore version of 'we wish you a merry xmas' which starts off with sleigh bells. There's also Bizzy B's 'Jingle Bell Rock' from 94 white label dub only... (true)

hamarplazt

100% No Soul Guaranteed
mms said:
as for gabba there is that track by rotterdam termination source, merry xmess. absolutley hilarious, it has sleighbells too

Merry X-mess is an entire six track ep, and simply one of the gabber records. All three tracks on side a has sleighbells. It also contain the best version of "Poing" I've ever heard.

There's also a gabber track called "Jingle Balls" somewhere, but I can't remember who made it, or if it has any sleighbells.

carmen

 
<center>
sleighrime.jpg

mms

sometimes
hamarplazt said:
Merry X-mess is an entire six track ep, and simply one of the gabber records. All three tracks on side a has sleighbells. It also contain the best version of "Poing" I've ever heard.

There's also a gabber track called "Jingle Balls" somewhere, but I can't remember who made it, or if it has any sleighbells.

well it has been about 9 years since i last listened to it, but i remember there being a very funny lead track, with that "happy christmas you filthy animals" sample etc.

DavidD

can't be stopped
The most commonly used bells sample i know of in early 90s hip-hop was the Average White Band's "Schoolboy Crush," which was used on everything from "Microphone Fiend" to Nas' "Halftime."

bassnation

the abyss
blissblogger said:
pretty certain there was a jungle track in 93 or so called "Jungle Bells"

i think i might have that somewhere - its on the b-side to one of those overpriced represses that hard to find sometimes do of old skool tracks.

having said all that, its fairly cringeworthy, just like that jungle version of "hey hey we're the monkees"! ;

mms

sometimes
bassnation said:
i think i might have that somewhere - its on the b-side to one of those overpriced represses that hard to find sometimes do of old skool tracks.

having said all that, its fairly cringeworthy, just like that jungle version of "hey hey we're the monkees"! ;

i remember a phil collins sampling jungle track that's ace tho. anyone know the one i'm talking bout?

Chef Napalm

Lost in the Supermarket
*bump*

With Chrimbo coming around again my annual search for danceable seasonal music begins anew. Any suggestions?

D

droid

Ive got a brilliant one. ill dig it out and rip it tonight...