Scott Walker

francesco

Minerva Estassi
cut and paste news from ILM about the new Scott Walker album:

New Scott Walker album: 'The Drift' (register)(forgotten login)
ilXor.com > ILE | ILM
I Love Music | New Answers | Unanswered Questions | Ask A Question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the 4AD site:
19 January 06
We're delighted to announce that Scott Walker has completed work on his first album for the label.

The long-awaited new album - called "The Drift" - will be Scott's first since the ground-breaking "Tilt" was released in 1995.

4AD will release the album worldwide in May. The exact date will be announced shortly.

A documentary film about Scott's music - including the making of "The Drift" - is being made by the New York -based director Stephen Kijak. Titled "30 Century Man", it will also be released in 2006.

Early review from Ian Penman:
Yes, yes, it's the new Scott Walker.

It's called "The Drift".

Ten tracks (last one acoustic just like Tilt and Climate of Hunter).
Like Tilt only more so - darker, stranger, further out, further in.
Astonishing stuff. Three or four of the tracks (at least) career highlights: so powerful I had to listen to it in two or three track bursts. Tracks two and three actually disabled me for about 45 minutes after (the way "The Electrician" and "Farmer In The City" did when I first heard them, only more so).
If you got Tilt, you'll love this. "Haunting" doesn't begin to do justice to its emotional complexity.
Inspirational: a 63 year old who makes musicians - artists - a third his age seem like cop outs; and makes 53 or 63 (or 46) seem like a good age to really start living...
Worth the wait - and then some.

{Out March-ish, I think, on 4AD.

posted by Ian 1/17/2006 08:37:00 PM

http://apawboy.blogspot.com/2006/01/yes-yes-its-new-scott-walker.html

Also a new remastered version of Climate of Hunter will be released by Virgin UK on 31 january.

(In my dream the new album will sound like a mix between Scott 3 and Tilt, but then is a new Scott Walker album, so it would be something else....)

dogger

Sweet Virginia
yeh i've been looking forward to this for a while now...sounds like it might be worth the wait!