"Grimdie"

Keith P

draw for the drumstick
In the latest issue of Fader Statik talks about an indie/grime fusion project he's working on with the test icicles and others. This sounds exciting to me.

The question is, will it work? His Bloc Party rmx didn't exactly blow me away but I'm still open to the idea.

Fiddy

I've heard a few bits, got two new test icicles mixes today... to be honest beats sound better than MC's but will be interesting to see where it goes.

Keith P

draw for the drumstick
Fiddy said:
I've heard a few bits, got two new test icicles mixes today... to be honest beats sound better than MC's but will be interesting to see where it goes.

I must hear these.

Fiddy

Tinchy's not even on Ruff S. one... but here's press release

TEST ICICLES
‘BOA VS PYTHON’ – Statik Remix feat. Fire Camp
‘CATCH IT’ – Jitset remix featuring Ruff Sqwad & Statik
limited edition single (7 inch, 12 inch and download only)
released 27 February on Domino

London’s favourite noise machines Test Icicles team up with some time
touring partner and equally raw as f*ck MC Lethal B (and his Fire Camp) and the Ruff Squad on two limited remixes of tracks from their acclaimed debut LP ‘For Screening Purposes Only’. Equally influenced by grime and hip hop as by the punk and hardcore they are more obviously known for, the energy of the album and the sheer mania of their live shows were the sources of inspiration for this fresh and dirty soundclash. Boa Vs Python was the first single released by the band last August, screaming with Beastie Boys tourette-isms and Pantera riffs, making it the perfect source for a Fire Camp/Statik respray. With Jitset at the helm Catch It becomes a sneery, lurking monster with the Icicles chorus kept intact over an 80s car chase synth and Ruff Sqwad’s on point hardcore rhyming. Its like Run DMC / Aerosmith for 2006… The Test Icicles are currently halfway through their UK tour and play their biggest show to date at ULU, London on February 2nd.

gumdrops

if these are as good as the bloc party one, they could be interesting. could do without the MCs spitting guest verses though.

gumdrops

it was prob just a joke but in vice mag's grimewatch column it said statik was doing an entire refix of the babyshambles album. can anyone confirm if this is true or if it's complete lies?

i think they should take the mcs off these sorts of mixes - makes them a bit gimmicky