Cocksucker Blues

Jim Daze

I saw this Rolling Stones film last night at the Tate Modern, it's definitely the best rock film ever.
Obviously the Stones had no control whatsoever over the editing as it shows them in a way I've never seen before. The shambling meat headed lost it ness of this 1972 tour footage is literally staggering to watch, rather like witnessing the fall of the roman empire. Mick is permanently grimacing and his body spasming while Keith just drapes himself across whatever groupie happens to be nearby when he needs a rest.

However they manage to pull some kind of a show together night after night, it's amazing watching them inventing the Rock Star and tearing it apart at the same time, carving out their mythology across America.
One of the best scenes is when Richards throws a t.v off a hotel balcony (with help) quite non-chalantly for the camera and then cracks up laughing.
I thought that John Sessions and Phil Cornwall were overdoing it with their Mick & Keef in Stella Street but now I know they were actually underplaying it if anything.
Cocksucker Blues is pure black comedy. :cool: