Is there much point posting Literature threads?

jenks

thread death
I ask this as it seems that almost no Lit thread seems to survive long and seems to engender very little debate.

Since moving to the catch all 'art, lit, film' it seems to have got worse. film seems to have enough fans to make discussion viable but over and again lit threads wither and die - luka asks about ezra pound and gets one reply. no-one bothers to tell us what they are reading - i am loathe to start another thread for fear of total lack of response.

I know this is a music driven forum but i when i signed up here i thought there were plenty who had something to say about books...

suppose my final question is - if not here, then where? :confused:

owen

i suppose they do fall by the wayside somewhat- but there was some activity on the auden thread, the books to burn, etc...can't think of a better place to put em either, hmmm...but start some more lit threads and i'll try and stir up a bit of debate, promise :)

PeteUM

It's all grist
I more or less only read non-fiction books about music, so I'm no use.

Just finished Peter Shapiro's book about disco though...?

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Since moving to the catch all 'art, lit, film' it seems to have got worse. film seems to have enough fans to make discussion viable but over and again lit threads wither and die - luka asks about ezra pound and gets one reply. no-one bothers to tell us what they are reading - i am loathe to start another thread for fear of total lack of response."

I would definitely be interested in any literary thread where I feel that I have something to contribute (which would probably rule out Ezra Pound I'm afraid) and I always look to see what literature threads there are in this section but agree with you that a lot more are about film. I say, start one and if I can say something worthwhile I will.

Rambler

Awanturnik
I like reading the literature threads, although I'm usually too shy/ill-informed to post much to them.

Anyway, I've started a catch-all book thread that will hopefully get some movement going.