LCD soundsystem - the album

nick.K

gabba survivor
yes, they did it.

LCD have delivered on the promise of losing my edge/beat connection 12". anyone who had any doubts about their ability to expand from an EP to an album can relax. it's as consistent and cohesive as that EP. I thought it might never get released, or mastered. what a relief...

So, I've gotten the impression that a lot of it was going to be a bit more in, say, "Give it Up" mode, rather than "Beat Connection" mode... is there any truth to that? I'm a pretty big fan of the "Beat Connection," "Losing My Edge," and "Yeah" LCD Soundsystem... less so for the "Give it Up" and "Tired" one.

puretokyo

Mercury Blues
Some of the tracks are astounding, I've been listening to the song "Trials and Tribulations" for months now and I think its the best thing he's made. Fucking ace.

nick.K

gabba survivor
'give it up' and 'yeah' aren't on the version I heard, but they've put that energy into some other tracks, and the sonic festishism that threatened to overshadow the album is focussed and applied, it's not the overblown experiment I feared it might end up as. the whole thing works and everything gathers together for a theatrical ambient coda. it's an album

Last edited: