PDA

View Full Version : LCD soundsystem - the album

nick.K
04-12-2004, 09:58 PM
yes, they did it.

LCD have delivered on the promise of losing my edge/beat connection 12". anyone who had any doubts about their ability to expand from an EP to an album can relax. it's as consistent and cohesive as that EP. I thought it might never get released, or mastered. what a relief...

Chinavision
04-12-2004, 10:12 PM
So, I've gotten the impression that a lot of it was going to be a bit more in, say, "Give it Up" mode, rather than "Beat Connection" mode... is there any truth to that? I'm a pretty big fan of the "Beat Connection," "Losing My Edge," and "Yeah" LCD Soundsystem... less so for the "Give it Up" and "Tired" one.

puretokyo
04-12-2004, 11:39 PM
Some of the tracks are astounding, I've been listening to the song "Trials and Tribulations" for months now and I think its the best thing he's made. Fucking ace.

nick.K
05-12-2004, 12:19 AM
'give it up' and 'yeah' aren't on the version I heard, but they've put that energy into some other tracks, and the sonic festishism that threatened to overshadow the album is focussed and applied, it's not the overblown experiment I feared it might end up as. the whole thing works and everything gathers together for a theatrical ambient coda. it's an album

jed_
05-12-2004, 12:39 AM
i could do without "never as tired...." but the rest is pretty great.

nick.K
05-12-2004, 01:04 AM
that midway wearyness, it's the format's fault

nick.K
05-12-2004, 05:37 PM
email me if you'd like to hear some.....