Sticks and Stones?

Loki

I guess partly inspired by the whole Danish debacle but also relevant to politics/society in general one question keeps nagging and I wondered what people think...

When (in age terms) does the phrase "Sticks and Stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me" fail to apply?

Or did it never apply in the first place and is just a nasty Monarch conspiracy to stop us seeing the semantic magic being forced upon us?

basmala

You know that some sayings are culture-specific. The first time I heard that words don't matter was when I was studing the rise of the blacks movements in the US and how they decided not to care about white people's denigrations of them wouldn't stop them from advacing in life. Then this saying made some sense; but in my culture people can kill for hearing an insult. Our pride in who we are is sensed very highly and as mideranians we have a hot blood. The saying in our culture is that our tongue is your sword it can defend you against other as it can be the weapon to kill you!