The Monks on Beat Club on Youtube

PeteUM

It's all grist
Noel Emits said:
Wow, I never thought I'd see this. Turns out they were even better than they seem from the records! Really - go watch the Monk Chant / Oh How To Do Now clip now.

So good.

http://www.youtube.com/w/the-Monks---Monk-Chant-/-Oh,-How-To-Do-Now?v=1HJVVBVy_CU&search=the monks

Thanks for that. When I get round to doing my WOEBOT top 100 ripoff Black Monk Time is definitely top 5. Did you ever read the autobiography of the bass player?

Also worth checking out the James Brown really high TV interview on that site...

nochexxx

harco pronting
top 100's

PeteUM said:
When I get round to doing my WOEBOT top 100 ripoff Black Monk Time

i'd love to see this, more records to endlessly scour. in fact i
was fanatasing about doing a top 100 list, but it would have to be a top 100 list of records that i've heard. i'm still very ingnorant of a myriad of music scenes.....kool keith's sex styles would have a good shot at the number 1 spot! perhaps we should start a top 100 music thread. :)

PeteUM

It's all grist
If everyone on Dissensus did one of those lists we wouldn't run out of debate for some time to come. Bit of an undertaking though, especially since one of the best things about WOEBOT'S list was the scanned covers.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
sort of related ... here s a link with applets to let you download vids from youtube etc :

good on that entity for providing the science.

If everyone on Dissensus did one of those lists we wouldn't run out of debate for some time to come. Bit of an undertaking though, especially since one of the best things about WOEBOT'S list was the scanned covers.

i'm up for it if you are. what worries me is that we'll all agree far too much.