Sly Stone at the Grammys

Gabba Flamenco Crossover

High Sierra Skullfuck
I think the article's pretty good. Some people will no doubt go out & buy Stand & Riot as a result which cannot be a bad thing. the headline does grate but he's been MIA for so long that most of the TV audience probably were asking themselves exactly that.

Buick6

too punk to drunk
I reckon he looks wicked and like a total legend!

Who cares if he was/is a crazy drug addict? I mean look at fucken nick Cave or Blix Bargeld or that stupid poofter-wanker from that extreme-shiteful band the Libertines??

And big deal if he behaves in a bizarre manner. I'm sick of all these wanky industry nob-slobbers that have no personality and are straighter and friendlier than Cliff Richard after having a cuppa with Prince Charles!

More power to the eccentric/damaged/reclusive genius-rockstar and MTV deserve a live-Al-Quaida bombing if ever there was a decadent Western/zionist target!

polystyle

'I'll be gone for awhile ...'

Hint , thanks for the link .

Had been looking to catch this but the E ! / Entertainment Tonight / Insider shows
weren't showing any of it in their 'high light' replays.
Joss Stone onstage for a Sly & The Family Stone medley (get off the stage) , Ciara in a suit (well, ok)...
The Korg kyboard looked huge and if that was the original band playing (as I heard it was) ,
they sounded alright , considering .
Sly's look was the thing he prolly DID think about , work on and work over .
The result being a kind of Ritchie from Plasmatics meets Miles Davis , bright , weird and the fun bit in the whole affair .

During the vid clip i was reminded of Miles' stories of meeting Sly and hanging out and not doing much besides doing some blow together (Miles seemed to want more then that)
, Miles' own disappearing act between 1975 -1980 and
the lost tracks that The Stones and Sly recorded at his Studio .

There was a bit of Sly name dropping last year , Pharrell and some others chiming in.
Maybe it would have been better in an alt version with Pharrell and Chapelle as MC/

Kind of sad , but at the same time , i don't blame him for walking off as he did,
'*hit gets tired real fast ...'