Cheney shoots , he ...

polystyle

I'll put this under 'Politics' ...

You've prolly seen the small headline 'Cheney shoots mate while on quail hunt'.
These guys ya gotta watch 'em - give them a shotgun and you might get shot if you hunt with 'em.
The accident happened while hunting quail Saturday on the Armstrong Ranch in Texas.
Cheney's friend 78 year old Harry Wittington got 'peppered' in the 'face , neck and upper body' by Cheney's shotgun blast when he rejoined the group without saying anything
( 'hey guys I'm back , I'm a Repuglican contributor , don't shoot !').

The Armstrong Ranch being the scene of past hunting by Prince Charles and er, Karl Rove.
Visions of cluster shoot'em up's chances missed .

Cheney's omnipresent med team was there to administer the poor guy ,
he's recovering and 'cracking jokes' the White House sez ( the jokes are classified) and the White House disclosed the story after a local news station ran the story .
Tangled , star spangled , Real White Man stuff .
Happy hunting , watch your back next time Dick

Must have been another 'Rove plan to put the spotlight elsewhere after the news Friday
that it was prolly 'my superior' Cheney who told Scooter Libby to start spreading the name of V Plume.

D

droid

:eek: I'm totally shocked by this...

...usually Cheney doesnt like to waste a drop of his victims blood ... :D

polystyle

Shoot first , ck affiliation after

Ha, i hear that Droidsman
I would not usually say anything mean just to say it , but that guy has been so busy *ucking us over
that i found no mercy , hoping for worse when I first heard this 'breaking VP news' report last night.
The background , midground , frontground movements & mechanations of this Admin have gotten so complex
i guess ol' crink Cheney had to get out and do some shooting and find a pulse .

There was another story over the wkend about the Repug's closed door meeting where in they showed an edited Star Wars movie with Nancy Pelosi's face superimposed as evil force, same time claiming THEY had
'THE FORCE '. Cue big round of cheers
Aaah , life in a Repuglican bubble

Freakaholic

not just an addiction
A little insight from someone who has hunted pheasant before:

when hunting these types of birds, they are on the ground, and you have dogs that sniff em out, and scare them into the air. you are taught, first thing: wait until the birds clear head-level before shooting.

now, a person can get pretty excited out there, what with birds popping up almost at random, and yer not sure if its the kind you can shoot, etc. etc. it is a lot like duck hunt, really.

but, what strikes me: to shoot so that someone esle can get completely peppered with buck shot, from a .28 too, is the result of being incredibly SELFISH. this is the only reason people shoot that early: they get selfish for the prize and go in too soon in order to beat everyone else, forgetting about the safety of the other humans around.

wait, that sounds like some sort of foreign policy, doesnt it?

Canada J Soup

Monkey Man
Seems the shooting victim has since had a heart attack due to some birdshot traveling to his heart. If he dies, Cheney could be charged with involuntary manslaughter.

This on top of the fact that he waited 14 hours before reporting to the authorities. Wonder if there was any alcohol involved?

D

droid

BTW this is the second time he's shot someone whilst out hunting... Ill try and track down the details...

Last edited by a moderator:

IdleRich

IdleRich
My favourite Dick Cheney story is about how his wife gave birth to their first child on July 28th 1966 - exactly nine months and two days after the government announced fathers would be exempt from military drafting to Vietnam.