talking heads reissues

jenks

thread death
Just got Remain in Light on CD as part of a huge reissue programme and i must say this is one of the few occasions when arissue actually adds to the original artifact.

the first disc has bonus tracks - a couple of which if sorted could have easily sat on the original but it's the second disc, remastered for dvd which is a joy - the sound quality is remarkably good - adding texture to this most textural of albums

and there'e two films of the band performing live with about three guitarists, 2 bass players and assorted others making one merry noise.

arethe other reissues this good?
any other reissue programmes that live up to all the guff?

btw i see woebot has put a link up to stop making sense on his blog

S

simon silverdollar

will have to check this out. the thought of bonus tracks makes me very happy.

and thanks for the link matt!

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Are the albums being reissued as DVD-audios surround discs individually, so you don't have to buy that expensive 'brick' or rubbishy albums like 'True Stories' and 'naked'?

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
simon silverdollar said:
the thought of bonus tracks makes me very happy.

Ugh. I dislike bonus tracks (and re-issues of stuff I've already got).

I've totally stopped buying these re-issues. I know you can press the stop button and all on the CD player - but the original tracklisting is screwed up and re-mastering just means bringing it up to the same standard as the original vinyl release (the first batch of re-releases on CD coming in the 80s were often badly re-engineered&mastered - so the record companies are just creaming us once more).