Shock Ecstasy Revelation

O

Omaar

Music intensifies ecstasy effects

Listening to loud music exacerbates the effects on the brain of taking ecstasy, researchers have found. Italian scientists gave the drug to rats who were then exposed to music at nightclub noise levels. The researchers measured the electrical activity in the rats' brains and found that noise prolonged the effects of ecstasy by up to five days.Experts said the study, published in the Biomed Central Neuroscience, showed music worsened users' "comedown".

Full Article

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Omaar said:
Music intensifies ecstasy effects

Listening to loud music exacerbates the effects on the brain of taking ecstasy, researchers have found. Italian scientists gave the drug to rats who were then exposed to music at nightclub noise levels. The researchers measured the electrical activity in the rats' brains and found that noise prolonged the effects of ecstasy by up to five days.Experts said the study, published in the Biomed Central Neuroscience, showed music worsened users' "comedown".
Best put them in the ambient hutch...

dominic

Beast of Burden
what i find very troubling is that the price of ecstasy in the u.s. has held steady at $20 to $25 a pill from 1990 to the present day (unless you buy in bulk) -- and perhaps peaked at $30 in 98/99

whereas in the uk the price has fallen from, say, 12 to 15 pounds in 1992 to 50 pence today

how to make sense of this discrepancy?????

geto.blast

snap on rims
dominic said:

classic case of supply vs demand?

Crack and Heroin prices have come way down in these parts (eastern canada) over the last 15 years, i d be curious for a UK comparison?

"party drugs" like ket and E in north america are usually massively cut with PCP and synthetic heroin. Fun stuff, better stay with the natural crack rocks :}

and i also recall never smoking any good weed in the UK , it was hard to find and shit most of the time. and hash was over priced too compared to the continent.

D

droid

dominic said:
what i find very troubling is that the price of ecstasy in the u.s. has held steady at $20 to $25 a pill from 1990 to the present day (unless you buy in bulk) -- and perhaps peaked at $30 in 98/99

whereas in the uk the price has fallen from, say, 12 to 15 pounds in 1992 to 50 pence today

its much easier to distribute e's in Europe and the UK (and now Eastern Europe and Russia) as this is where the manufacturing base is. Why take the risk of importing e's to the states, when the market and the the rewards are much higher closer to home? - hence the price discrepancy.

The quality of pills in the UK can be very variable as well btw...

Last edited by a moderator:

bassnation

the abyss
droid said:
The quality of pills in the UK can be very variable as well btw...

traditionally it has been - and to be honest i very rarely do them these days - but last time i checked you could get extrordinarily strong pills for a quid. the kind that would have cost you 15 quid back in the day.

not so many people do them these days what with all these new fangled forms of dance music that don't require you to be off your nut to enjoy it.

the result of this is that its not worth making crap pills because its hard enough to make money from good ones, if you see what i mean.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
bassnation said:
not so many people do them these days what with all these new fangled forms of dance music that don't require you to be off your nut to enjoy it.

i can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing. ;)