So when is OS X 10.4 coming out?

Woebot

seems to be taking forever. im interested in how they're supposedly cleaning up QuickTime. but really how much stuff is really in there. apple's list of special features available in new updates looks less and less convincing. why would anyone want to for out $99 for these updates (especially now osx is so stable?)

more and more security updates you say? hmmm. a sure sign they must be encroaching on the microsoft market share! theres enough macs out there for people to actually want to sabotage them!

stevienixed

i suffer rock
Yes, as my husband would say: be consistent. I hope I can still giggle. ;)

I am however looking forward to the update but I fear my Apple is too old for an update. And the new iMAC is horrid, so what to do? A laptop? Hmmm.

Woebot

sorry nat, couldnt resist that one ;)

whatever you order just hope apple can ship it to you sometime in the next year.....

nomos

Administrator
I'm still on 10.2.8 and it seems fine. Was 10.3 worth it? I just use Word, Live and Photoshop these days.

buddah baboons

Quicktime NG

WOEBOT im interested in how they're supposedly cleaning up QuickTime. but really how much stuff is really in there. [/QUOTE said:
Just seen this on macrumors page 2 if yer interested...

Quicktime NG (next-gen)
First major change in the .mov format since QT 3. Integrated H.264, MP4, and Wavelet technology.
Support for .ogg, heAAC, and FLAC audio. (these will also be available for playback in new iTunes)
Apple is currently negotiating to get the full trailer for Episode III and the full trailer for Batman Begins to be released on keynote day -- to view would require download of NG.
New Pro key needed. Lower Price $19

I'm not bothered about QuickTime, I just want them to fix bluetooth file exchange and iSync for Series 60 nokias...