GROOVERIDER - what happened?

Buick6

too punk to drunk
OK> I know alot of you like d&b/step/grime whatever...The first drum n' bass DJ I ever saw was GROOVERIDER, and I'm a bit of a fan. DO any of you know what happened to him, and what type of sound he does?

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
banging his head (in complete denial) in the same dead-end alley as the rest of em

hint

party record with a siren
He's still going strong, basically one of the scene leaders in terms of profile. I always associate him with the slightly darker, more "techy" style of D'n'B these days.

He's still representing D'n'B on national radio, alongside Fabio. I guess listening to their show would give you the best idea about what they're currently up to (I think they present the show individually - i.e. this week it's Fabio, next week will be Grooverider).

Last edited:

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
He played in Melbourne ... 2 years ago? I've actually never been much of a fan. Doesn't he still do the weekly radio 1 show with fabio as well?

hint

party record with a siren
Hey, I think he has a show on radio one or something.

And D'n'B is rubbish and stuff.

:p

wonk_vitesse

radio eros
my first memory of him was DJing at a packed Metalheadz@Blue Note,

my last memory was of him on his mobile outside our studios on brixton hill with a broken BMW :p

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Strictly thinking about his presenting style however, as a masterclass in ego-fueled pantomime he's up there with the best (ie Westwood!).

The excessive use of sound effects, the boasting, the comedy rewinds, another comedy rewind, one more for good measure, then some big dawg bravado about how he runs tings.

i listen to his show for the links alone sometimes! :)

borderpolice

wonk_vitesse said:
my first memory of him was DJing at a packed Metalheadz@Blue Note,

same here. sunday sessions at the blue note with da Rida as last DJ, playing his unreleased dub and cleveland MCing ... great nights were had!

What's Cleveland up to these days?

D

droid

Obviously my oh-so-subtle bit of Grooverider hating has gone unnoticed. :D

Click on the link above people - you wont be disappointed!

Buick6

too punk to drunk
droid said:

I don't find anything wrong with that, it's all pretty punk rock, hedonistic and decadent.

Bono or the Corrs or [insert any cool and essential Irish tech act] couldn't be as damaged and spontaneous and hilarious as that in a zillion years - maybe Colm should go techno?

Last edited:
D

droid

Buick6 said:
I don't find anything wrong with that, it's all pretty punk rock, hedonistic and decadent.

Bono or the Corrs or [insert any cool and essential Irish tech act] couldn't be as damaged and spontaneous and hilarious as that in a zillion years - maybe Colm should go techno?

'punk rock'? :confused:

Complacent, conservative, middle class and symbolising everything wrong with D+B/big name Djng today more like.

Coke is for wankers...

(BTW - Im sure Bono and the Corrs have on several occassions produced equally slurred and 'hilarious' comments whilst babbling senselessly about their holidays during a drug induced fugue - but what on earth does that have to do with grooverider??)

john eden

male pale and stale
droid said:

bad bad bad. Sadly not uncommon, tho.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
droid said:
'punk rock'? :confused:

Complacent, conservative, middle class and symbolising everything wrong with D+B/big name Djng today more like.

Coke is for wankers...

Hahaha, that link is unbelievable... I love the way they abruptly stop talking and focus on obviously more important matters - *snort!!!*