Klaus Schulze

francesco

Minerva Estassi
I have Irrlitch and Cyborg, both masterpieces.

Wondering... are other records interesting, even if not as good as the first two (like every krautrock story tell)? Mirage, Moondawn, X, are worth buying?

thanx, francesco

zhao

there are no accidents
ahhhhh klaus...

Timewind and Blackdance are from same period as Irrlicht (early 70s, the best period IMO), and Blackdance is prolly my favorite. the whole thing has this dark other-worldly vibe... starts off with insistant proto techno, all menacing and skeletal... a quasi-gregorian chant appears from nowhere on the second track - beautiful... and the album ends floating in a weightless void.

Picture Music is good, Moon Dawn is good...

pretty much anything from early to mid 70s is good, and later 70s there are good albums too like the soundtracks "Body Love" 1 and 2. just steer clear of the 80s (as with most good 70s acts), when the music becomes new-agey and cheesy, and you'll be fine (but there is exception to everything, En-Trance is not bad).

look it's your lucky day :)

these downloads are from 8daysinapril.blogspot.com

Klaus Schulze - Black Dance (1974)

Blackdance is one of Klaus Schulze's early albums.The
tempo changes are smooth and sure and the sequences are
varied — some are deep and strong, others are long on
atmosphere. Schulze mixes these elements seamlessly with
experimental timbres and spatial textures. He adds an organ
drone to give the disc a Baroque attitude and sinister
overtones. This is more atmospheric than most of his
albums. (Unknown reviewer)

http://rapidshare.de/files/9076536/black_dance.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.de/files/9077269/black_dance.part2.rar

and some Schulze related projects, they are worth your time:

Code III - Planet Of Man (1974)

Produced by Klaus Schultze who also guests on drums on one cut, this is an obscure album of experimental music with a real ambitious concept - the history of the cosmos, from it's creation to humanity's ultimate destruction (ooh!). Electronic and cosmic with some acoustic folkiness thrown in, sounding somewhat similar to Sand's 'Golem', bits of Klaus Schultze's 'Black Dance' , and part of the first track sounds a little Pink Floyd-ish. Probably not for everybody, but worth checking out.

http://rapidshare.de/files/10481926/code_III_planet.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.de/files/10483179/code_III_planet.part2.rar

Cosmic Jokers - Galactic Supermarket (1974)

Everybody knows the story of the Cosmic Jokers albums, right? Manuel Göttsching, Dieter Dierks, Jürgen Dollase, Harald Großkopf, Klaus Schulze, Gille Lettmann and Rosi Müller jam together and produce some brilliant space rock.

http://rapidshare.de/files/11076977/cosmic_supermarket.rar

hamarplazt

100% No Soul Guaranteed
confucius said:
pretty much anything from early to mid 70s is good, and later 70s there are good albums too like the soundtracks "Body Love" 1 and 2. just steer clear of the 80s (as with most good 70s acts), when the music becomes new-agey and cheesy, and you'll be fine
This is a very common view, and it's nonsense. Schulze made some astonishing music in the 70s, including a couple of masterpieces (in addition to Irrlicht/Cyborg, Mirage is probably the best), but most of his greatest records were from the 80s: Audentity, Dziekuje Poland, Babel, En=Trance and Miditerranean Pads (the last one from 1990, actually). These hadn't the same warm, "cosmic" sound as his 70s work, they were much more cold and angular, and also a much more clear realisation of the timeless core of his musical vision; En=Trance and Miditerranean Pads in particular.

Schulze came up in an old krautrock thread, where I wrote:
"As for Schulze, I could go on and on. The first musician I got completely obsessed with. In spite of surface similarities, TD and Schulze are very, very different. TD basically made pseudo-symphonic suites, where Schulze was much more part of the minimalist school, tracks slowly flowing and drifting and mutating. His two first albums, Irrlicht and Cyborg, have allready been mentioned. They're great. Cyborg in particular is one of the heaviest, darkest, most unearthly things you're ever to hear. Utter Solaris music. Then he began using sequencers, the closest you'll get to proto techno next to Kraftwerk. Mirage is a beautyful record, pre-empting much chill out and ambient electronica. Audentity covers both ambient, musique concrete and hard driving sequencer workouts. Dziekuje Poland could be the most unrestrained, insane electronic live album ever, pure mayhem. Many Schulze fans hate his 80s and 90s music, yearning for the spaced out, cosmic 70s Schulze they loved, but personally I have some of my all time favorites there: En=Trance and Miditerranean Pads in particular have somehow reached the core of what Schulzes music is all about, highly energetic and still totally at rest within itself. Ehm, well, as I said, I could go on and on."

mms

sometimes
hamarplazt said:
This is a very common view, and it's nonsense. Schulze made some astonishing music in the 70s, including a couple of masterpieces (in addition to Irrlicht/Cyborg, Mirage is probably the best), but most of his greatest records were from the 80s: Audentity, Dziekuje Poland, Babel, En=Trance and Miditerranean Pads (the last one from 1990, actually). These hadn't the same warm, "cosmic" sound as his 70s work, they were much more cold and angular, and also a much more clear realisation of the timeless core of his musical vision; En=Trance and Miditerranean Pads in particular.

Schulze came up in an old krautrock thread, where I wrote:
"As for Schulze, I could go on and on. The first musician I got completely obsessed with. In spite of surface similarities, TD and Schulze are very, very different. TD basically made pseudo-symphonic suites, where Schulze was much more part of the minimalist school, tracks slowly flowing and drifting and mutating. His two first albums, Irrlicht and Cyborg, have allready been mentioned. They're great. Cyborg in particular is one of the heaviest, darkest, most unearthly things you're ever to hear. Utter Solaris music. Then he began using sequencers, the closest you'll get to proto techno next to Kraftwerk. Mirage is a beautyful record, pre-empting much chill out and ambient electronica. Audentity covers both ambient, musique concrete and hard driving sequencer workouts. Dziekuje Poland could be the most unrestrained, insane electronic live album ever, pure mayhem. Many Schulze fans hate his 80s and 90s music, yearning for the spaced out, cosmic 70s Schulze they loved, but personally I have some of my all time favorites there: En=Trance and Miditerranean Pads in particular have somehow reached the core of what Schulzes music is all about, highly energetic and still totally at rest within itself. Ehm, well, as I said, I could go on and on."

agreed on entrance it's superb.

francesco

Minerva Estassi
confucius said:
look it's your lucky day :)

these downloads are from 8daysinapril.blogspot.com

Klaus Schulze - Black Dance (1974)

No, isn't.... was very curious to hear BlackDance but the files have been removed! And it would have been the first time that i would have downloaded music from the net!!

zhao

there are no accidents
that's too bad about Black Dance. but the other 2 are still up. I especially recommend Cosmic Jokers.

forclosure

first thing i listened to after i saw Memoria in the cinema earlier this year,it felt like the only thing that communicated with whatever frequency i was on in that moment