I see dead birds

Wow. Gressingham ducks are piled high in Sainsburys, half price. Get 'em while you can, they're bleeding delicious slow-cooked and crisped up.

But why now? I suspect duck farmers are clearing the decks before H5N1 descends on the country and their stock is condemned.

Lichen

Well spotted. They're piling 'em high and selling 'em cheap in Frome Sainsbury's. They are big blighters though - limit to how many I can get in the freezer.

Lots of people in our village keep chickens and there are some big commercial poultry interests locally. Tough job farming, and then shit like this happens. I hope I see no dead birds

stelfox

Beast of Burden
i'm about to cook one of these. will roast it it slow and low for about three hours, then blast it on full heat for 30 minutes to crisp it up. it was marinated overnight in sherry, ginger, garlic, five spice, szechuan pepper, lime, soy and hoisin sauce. this is a top tip for duck. i think i'll serve it with sticky boiled rice and a cucumber and spring onion salad.

bassnation

the abyss
stelfox said:
i'm about to cook one of these. will roast it it slow and low for about three hours, then blast it on full heat for 30 minutes to crisp it up. it was marinated overnight in sherry, ginger, garlic, five spice, szechuan pepper, lime, soy and hoisin sauce. this is a top tip for duck. i think i'll serve it with sticky boiled rice and a cucumber and spring onion salad.

i take it you consider a full rubber bodysuit with protective gloves to be superfluous to the process?

Last edited: