webmail recommendations please???

sufi

lala
Metronet, My ISP have done me fantastic service over the last decade or so but have recently been bought out by the dastardly plusnet & their service has plummetted rapidly downhill (incl cutting my email off since last week fecking feck :mad: :mad: :mad: - that's another thread i think). i had this address as part of a dial-up account years ago, & when they phased out that type of account they let me keep it for free bless em, but i can smell an imminent disconexion now they've corporatised, so..... i'm thinking i need another email address pronto

what i really liked about metronet webmail was their dead simple interface - run on a script called squirrelmail
webmail1.gif

gmail smells a bit dodgy to me - gmail thread, i'd most like something free in some part of the world that is far from the sniffers of echelon etc, rewch & i enjoyed hushmail for a while, but it's got a bit clunky and i got cut off when they started charging :confused:
so...... please what are the alternatives????

jk_gabba

gabba survivor
gmail, off course.. and if you have ftp access to your hosting package you can always install squirrelmail yourself its free software, its quite easy to install, just upload all the files and theres only on configuration file to text edit..

sufi

lala
nice un jk, i done that,

not too sure about gmail tho
i could still use some recommendations for some different providers, like some offshore tax haven with an exotic suffix please?

jk_gabba

gabba survivor
sufi said:
offshore tax haven with an exotic suffix please?
i wish! suffixes are all good, but actually finding hosting off shore is pretty impossible/ extremely expensive, and unfortunatly is not as much of a copy-write black whole as i'd like it to be anyway.. ..

misterpc

fastmail

www.fastmail.fm, then strip all the formatting for the most minimal webmail ever.

no, you don't get as much storage space as the big webmail providers, but they're much nicer, I've never had any trouble with the service in nearly 3 years, you can buy more bandwidth or storage space as you like/need, etc, etc.