PDA

View Full Version : the future for ashley cole

luka
20-02-2006, 04:33 PM
will he commit suicide? be hounded out of football? go mad with the constant abuse and name calling? or is football grown up enough to deal with a bit of boy on boy action? whats cheryl tweedy going to think about it all? i'm a bit scared for him.

boomnoise
20-02-2006, 09:49 PM
has he been legitimately 'outed'? what about jermaine pennant?

luka
21-02-2006, 08:21 AM
yeah, him pennant and jenas all legimately outed (though not as 'gay' as such)

luka
21-02-2006, 08:26 AM
i read it in 'shoot' magazine.

gabriel
21-02-2006, 11:05 AM
what are you talking about?

luka
21-02-2006, 01:30 PM
gabriel 'what are you talking about? '

thats when you know you live in a bubble, a bubble inside a cave, and the cave is on the moon.

i mean that in a nice way, but still, thats an impressive amount of insulation, assuming you've been inthe UK over the last week.

luka
21-02-2006, 01:35 PM
gabriel 'what are you talking about? '

thats when you know you live in a bubble, a bubble inside a cave, and the cave is on the moon.

i mean that in a nice way, but still, thats an impressive amount of insulation, assuming you've been inthe UK over the last week.

Tactics
21-02-2006, 01:49 PM
im hearing sol campbell and masterstepz too! WTF?!?!? all brothas aswell...I don't know what was going through their heads....no wonder sol went AWOL for a bit and masterstepz wasn't at his show yesterday.....

I'm hearin' there's footage too.....this ain't over yet....

Paul Hotflush
21-02-2006, 01:55 PM
The Sol Campbell one tired and almost certainly untrue. Is it always black footballers that get accused of being gay because the "black community" seems to be so homophobic? I wonder if the Voice would back Sol if he came out?

luka
21-02-2006, 01:58 PM
its not sol. just cos he's the sensitive type. in the army they're foreever dancing naked together, pissing in each others mouths etc and i think footballers have a similar thing going on. boys all together the whole time.

thefootage is of the mobile phone incident with mastersteps jenas and cole.

gabriel
21-02-2006, 02:52 PM
i heard someone talking about this at work this morning after reading this, so i'm a bit more up to speed now (yes, i've been the uk for the past week but i don't have a tv and hardly read newspapers, so i suppose i've missed this story - can someone do a quick recap maybe? has anything actually happened or is this just rumour etc?)

re: white/black - people used to call le saux gay, ljungberg is apparently gay. tactics what does them being brothas have to do with anything?

re: football/army - yes, homosociality does seem to result in people doing weird stuff (e.g. the whole roasting/rape thing)

IdleRich
21-02-2006, 03:22 PM
" i've been the uk for the past week but i don't have a tv and hardly read newspapers, so i suppose i've missed this story - can someone do a quick recap maybe? has anything actually happened or is this just rumour? etc"

I live in the UK and I read the papers and I'm sitting in between two Arsenal fans neither of whom seem to know anything about this so I would also appreciate a recap.

stelfox
21-02-2006, 03:48 PM
um... it's not jenas

gabriel
21-02-2006, 04:00 PM
gossip and links etc here

http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Sport/Question198856-2.html
http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Sport/Question198856-4.html

IdleRich
21-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Thanks Gabriel.
Seems like a bit of a non-story though really even as far as someone being gay can be a story.

luka
21-02-2006, 04:50 PM
jenas is in the group as is,as previously mentioned,pennant.

and as i said,they're not gay as such, just odd.

boomnoise
21-02-2006, 09:54 PM
The Sol Campbell one tired and almost certainly untrue. Is it always black footballers that get accused of being gay because the "black community" seems to be so homophobic? I wonder if the Voice would back Sol if he came out?

the voice is fairly liberal - they've carried this story and presented completly down the line.

i do think it's interesting that the majority of rumours about players being gay have been about black players. i think this says something about the agenda of football writers.

what would happen if every single gay football player came out at teh same time??

gabriel
22-02-2006, 10:10 AM
what would happen if every single gay football player came out at teh same time??

The Sun would be about 2 inches thick?

Tactics
22-02-2006, 01:32 PM

yes The Voice would back him, and any other black/african footballer who 'came out', easily....

MY 300TH POST lol!

qwerty south
22-02-2006, 03:03 PM
i will console cheryl!

i bet if i had met her that fated night in guildford she wouldn't have assaulted that toilet cleaner...

luka
22-12-2009, 09:33 AM
how come this footage never reached youtube?

scottdisco
22-12-2009, 10:02 AM
i do think it's interesting that the majority of rumours about players being gay have been about black players. i think this says something about the agenda of football writers.

not sure about this tbh. the only players i know of (obviously only one pro-footballer has come out in the UK to date; poor soul) who have this sort of rumour thrown their way in recent years have been

- Ashley C and to an extent Jenas, i forget what this non-story was about, but if they were alleged to be doing something together, then that makes sense, clearly i'm not defending tabloid insinuations and the larger set of values that has framed them as acceptable, but it's as natural as night following day in tabloid logic {sic}

- Sol

- Le Saux

- G Neville (who is married to a woman, but... etc etc etc)

- J O'Shea

- Antoine Sibierski (ex Newcastle, Manchester City, among other teams)

some football fans are undoubtedly homophobes, a smaller number are racists of one stripe or another (including good old-fashioned anti-semitism and somewhat new-fangled anti-Muslim bigotry, no doubt); i think football writers are slightly more liberal as a rule than the excesses of some fans, even the guys who write for the Express (most illiberal paper wrt social attitudes in the UK), the backpage guys are actually OK, warm, politically humane, etc. (certainly a lot more so than either their main paper peers or quite a lot of fans of the beautiful game.)

so, no, i don't think there's an agenda based on skin colour at all wrt this sort of 'issue'.

paolo
05-01-2010, 10:20 AM
The Neviller? First I've heard of it :confused:

baboon2004
05-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Does it matter?? (for his wife it does, obv)

I was watching the Leeds goal celebrations the other day, and, when you remove the supposed social 'context' in your head, as I did at that moment, it really is absurd that people doubt a lot of footballers are gay - what an opportunity to be jumped on by lots of testosterone-addled men, especially if you're good at scoring!