the future for ashley cole

luka

will he commit suicide? be hounded out of football? go mad with the constant abuse and name calling? or is football grown up enough to deal with a bit of boy on boy action? whats cheryl tweedy going to think about it all? i'm a bit scared for him.

luka

yeah, him pennant and jenas all legimately outed (though not as 'gay' as such)

luka

gabriel 'what are you talking about? '

thats when you know you live in a bubble, a bubble inside a cave, and the cave is on the moon.

i mean that in a nice way, but still, thats an impressive amount of insulation, assuming you've been inthe UK over the last week.

luka

gabriel 'what are you talking about? '

thats when you know you live in a bubble, a bubble inside a cave, and the cave is on the moon.

i mean that in a nice way, but still, thats an impressive amount of insulation, assuming you've been inthe UK over the last week.

jenas aswell?!?!

im hearing sol campbell and masterstepz too! WTF?!?!? all brothas aswell...I don't know what was going through their heads....no wonder sol went AWOL for a bit and masterstepz wasn't at his show yesterday.....

I'm hearin' there's footage too.....this ain't over yet....

Paul Hotflush

techno head
The Sol Campbell one tired and almost certainly untrue. Is it always black footballers that get accused of being gay because the "black community" seems to be so homophobic? I wonder if the Voice would back Sol if he came out?

luka

its not sol. just cos he's the sensitive type. in the army they're foreever dancing naked together, pissing in each others mouths etc and i think footballers have a similar thing going on. boys all together the whole time.

thefootage is of the mobile phone incident with mastersteps jenas and cole.

gabriel

The Heatwave
i heard someone talking about this at work this morning after reading this, so i'm a bit more up to speed now (yes, i've been the uk for the past week but i don't have a tv and hardly read newspapers, so i suppose i've missed this story - can someone do a quick recap maybe? has anything actually happened or is this just rumour etc?)

re: white/black - people used to call le saux gay, ljungberg is apparently gay. tactics what does them being brothas have to do with anything?

re: football/army - yes, homosociality does seem to result in people doing weird stuff (e.g. the whole roasting/rape thing)

IdleRich

IdleRich
" i've been the uk for the past week but i don't have a tv and hardly read newspapers, so i suppose i've missed this story - can someone do a quick recap maybe? has anything actually happened or is this just rumour? etc"

I live in the UK and I read the papers and I'm sitting in between two Arsenal fans neither of whom seem to know anything about this so I would also appreciate a recap.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Thanks Gabriel.
Seems like a bit of a non-story though really even as far as someone being gay can be a story.

luka

jenas is in the group as is,as previously mentioned,pennant.

and as i said,they're not gay as such, just odd.

boomnoise

♫
Paul Hotflush said:
The Sol Campbell one tired and almost certainly untrue. Is it always black footballers that get accused of being gay because the "black community" seems to be so homophobic? I wonder if the Voice would back Sol if he came out?

the voice is fairly liberal - they've carried this story and presented completly down the line.

i do think it's interesting that the majority of rumours about players being gay have been about black players. i think this says something about the agenda of football writers.

what would happen if every single gay football player came out at teh same time??

hmmmm

Paul Hotflush said:

yes The Voice would back him, and any other black/african footballer who 'came out', easily....

MY 300TH POST lol!

qwerty south

no use for a witticism
i will console cheryl!

i bet if i had met her that fated night in guildford she wouldn't have assaulted that toilet cleaner...