Mac, PC, Linux ... what are you using?

Which computer/OS do you use as your preferred platform?

• PC

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Mac

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Linux

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grimly fiendish

prompted by the firefox and x.4 threads, i thought this was a worthwhile question. there seem to be a lot of us mac users about these parts, which interests me.

this is categorically not about advocacy or point-scoring or any of that: i'd like to think nobody here would stoop to petty sniping. it's simply about which machine you use as your preferred platform. i really don't want to know why, just what.

hopefully there'll be a poll attached!

grimly fiendish

howay, bring on the votes

ahem

six poxy votes? y'miserable sods.

still. a surprising result so far.

poll closes in a week or so. come on. roll up, roll up. etc

sufi

lala
i'm sorry - that's a horribly boring question, what were ye thinking of, grimly?

i stamp on my ballot paper
then burn it

democracy sucks :(

grimly fiendish

sufi said:
i'm sorry - that's a horribly boring question, what were ye thinking of, grimly?

o, i agree - in normal circs it's a numbingly tedious argument, and that's why i specifically said i don't want to know why people use what they use. save us from that.

but in this instance - on this forum - i think it's valid. for instance, a thread simply titled "when's 10.4 coming out", without containing signifiers such as, er, "mac": outwith the context of a dedicated macintosh forum, that should be meaningless or confusing, but here people have understood it immediately. which just got me wondering, that's all ...

i guess it's just a way of feeding my own vague sociological interest in the correlation between computer and personality. but that makes me ever so slightly tragic, i admit ;)

john eden

male pale and stale
I use a mac at home because historically that has been the platform I have been able to blag the best software for, so it is the OS me and my partner now understand best...

It's a shitty Imac running OS9.2 with a 6gig hard drive however. Not that I'm complaining, but it's why I don't really do mp3s or big mixes very often...

sufi

lala
o don't mind me, grimly!

a certain amount of narky, obnoxious, snidiness is a characteristic of many PC users - it usually stems from OS envy :D

mind you it's always the maccies that start up these threads :D :p !

turtles

in the sea
This poll needs another option:

"would use linux if it supported my goddamn wireless card, so stuck using windows"

oh well. i give a reluctant vote for PC