amusing - if unfair - comparisons

D7_bohs

i was much taken by a comparison - I think it was here - of the Arctic Monkeys to Kingmaker; it probably wasn't fair - I can't remember what KM sounded like - but it was funny; so, last night, someone was trying to sell me on the Go! Team (hate that exclamation!) and I said they were this generations Thompson Twins - again, probably unfair, but just enough in it to hurt I think ....... so; I'm after more of the same. You get the picture I'm sure.......

henry s

Street Fighting Man
I compared (on this very site) Boards Of Canada and Blue Oyster Cult recently, mainly because they shared an acronym and a penchant for sci-fi-esque song titles...of course, I was joking, but it made me realize: we need another Blue Oyster Cult, now more than ever...

Rambler

Awanturnik
Funny, someone on 6Music recently compared (iirc) Dirty Pretty Things to Kingmaker - Kingmaker revival round the corner? :eek: ;)

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Artic Monkeys remind me more of the Wedding Present

It’s not a music comparison but I saw Maximo Park on TOTP the other day and the lead singer reminded me of a young Terry Wogan

owen

the go! team don't sound like the thomspon twins, they sound like bentley rhythm ace

also, the kaiser chiefs sound like menswear

Eric

Mr Moraigero
MIA is the new Bangles (some Dissensians may think this is unfair to the Bangles though)