best multi protocol IM for mac?

tryptych

waiting for a time
what the best multi protocol for mac? i use mainly MSN and ichat/aol but id like a program that will handle both (and more)

neupunk

I'd gladly endorse Adium, it's excellent and one of the few clients where I've found that adding a theme or plugin actually makes it more useful.

h-crimm

not many of em do webcams.... but who wants them really? we use video at Fermilab, but we have a posh expensive (useless) professional system.

i use kopete now but used to use gaim for multi - IM... these are the kde and gnome desktop linux applications, they have BSD/MacOS builds but i think adium is more integrated with mac.

kopete just started working with some video though. so might be worth a look.

borderpolice

h-crimm said:
i use kopete now but used to use gaim for multi - IM... these are the kde and gnome desktop linux applications, they have BSD/MacOS builds but i think adium is more integrated with mac.

i used to use kopete a few years back when the project had just started. it was a pain to use at the time. conterintuitive an without documentation. made me loose contacts several times, some of which i never managed to restore. maybe they have cleaned up their act now.