Best Dissensus Name

sufi

lala
so who has the best name on dissensus then?
i like Bleep - simple & elegant

jon eden - obviously pseudonymous, paul meme - obviously not
stelfox sounds like a helicopta/fighter/bomber type thing, most onamatapoeic,
Logan Sama - tibetan buddhist monk
hint - tagger

redcres, tactics, bun-u - honorable mentions

henry s

Street Fighting Man
"Why, I just think henry s has the finest name, on this or any other message board".

-henry s's mother

michael

Bring out the vacuum
joanofarctan always makes me smile. At first I did a bit of a double-take. arctan? Sounds like some crazy trigonometry term. ;)

nomos

Administrator
yeah joanofarcatan is a good one. and stevienixed. stelfox has the most inbuilt coolness. it's like an action movie i wasn't allowed to see in the early 80s. team stelfox. i like adruu and appleblim, sufi, redcrescent and eden as well. oh and 2stepfan for being unabashed and straight to the point.

i like how hint's custom title says 'better axe somebody' and his avatar guy is holding an axe.

yoghurt sogoth(?)'s alias was perfectly suited to his rantings on 'grimey filthlings' and so on.

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
the best is woebot IMO. like baby talk but with a subtext of sadness and dread.

bassnation

the abyss
confucius said:
the best is woebot IMO. like baby talk but with a subtext of sadness and dread.

its from a judge dredd comic strip - walter the woebot. i think matt is a fan of 2000ad.

PeteUM

It's all grist
bassnation said:
its from a judge dredd comic strip - walter the woebot. i think matt is a fan of 2000ad.

Before music, it was 2000AD for me. I used to live in Botswana and my progs would take 2 months to get from England, but I'd be sat in the stockroom while the guy unwrapped them. Shit, feeling a bit misty-eyed...

D

droid

bassnation said:

I reckon Ro-Jaws or Mek-quake is the best 2000AD robot though... Walter was a bit, well...

...I wont say it! :D

mms

sometimes
autonomicforthepeople said:
y
yoghurt sogoth(?)'s alias was perfectly suited to his rantings on 'grimey filthlings' and so on.

tha's a record on mouse on mars's sonig label..

sufi

lala
it was always robohunter for me

wagner_john2.gif

sufi

lala
missed puns?

ness rowlah - whas dat about?
rewch - urdu for ???
Awanturnica - que?
Verinder - who she anyways?

(kuma - swahili for xxxx!!)

D

droid

Something very strange about Sam Slade and Stoogies relationship. What possible function could a 'cigar' droid actually fulfill???

'Call me Kenneth' was another notable 2000AD robot - and Woebots nemesis for a time...

http://members.tripod.com/~Magnesite/robot1.htm

Big Jobs:

mek4.jpg

A Sewer Droids retirement

nem4.jpg

Bisleys Ro-Jaws

ro2.jpg

Sorry for steering the thread off-topic... robots/2000AD - just couldnt help myself... :D

Woebot

bassnation said:

more sycophancy please.

no its not *exactly* from 2000AD. (though i always knew about walter the wobot)

i thought it was kind of original, wrote it an old teenage poem, but it turns out there are a few other woebots, something i always think is kind apt.....

Rambler

Awanturnik
Sufi:

awantura - Polish word for a violent, but secretly enjoyable argument (also, scandal, disturbance, drunken brawl, etc)
awanturnica - someone who gets involved in these, a roisterer, a libertine, a Dissensian if you will...

Although I've just realised after all this time that it's actually the female form - awanturnik is the male version... :eek:

how could any of you guys go past the meknificent 7 of droids ???

the ABC warriors...

hammerstein
joe pineapples
happy shrapnel
mongrol
deadlock
blackblood
steelhorn/ the mess

...i do hope they make a movie of them but more so rogue trooper or strontium dog