wadio woebot - wiley's 'dylans on a hype ting'

appleblim

apologies if i'm late on this one but is anyone else UTTERLY riveted by this tune? shcokin stuff.........like a fly on the wall film on wax....sick......

thoughts anyone?

(u can access it by goin to www.woebot.com and clicking on the realplayer logo)

Last edited:

Woebot

appleblim said:
apologies if i'm late on this one but is anyone else UTTERLY riveted by this tune? shcokin stuff.........like a fly on the wall film on wax....sick......

thoughts anyone?

(u can access it by goin to www.woebot.com and clicking on the realplayer logo)
oi yoi.

its kind of like big youth's "green bay murder" that track in the sense that it's essentially like watching the news. (that old anecdote about how big youth was nicknamed "the gleaner" after JA newspaper). thats surely a strictly under the counter record, i'm certain it'll never see a release.

even better is crazy titch's "just an asshole" that track is out of the world and doesnt stand a hope in hades of being released.

appleblim

yeh, its kinda the probably overused 'rapper as griot' thing i guess, its amazing that someone can put reportage to music and it actually work!

woebot, can u recommend anywhere to download or request mixes by people like Logan Sama, or any other hot pirate stuff.., i have a few people sorting me out stuff, but u know how it is, its never enough!

i have some cool stuff to swap, or upload when i learn how (new to all this)...in the meantime i can always do cdrs for peeps.....(lots of rinse fm dubstep mixes amongst others)

C

captain easychord

have you guys heard dizzee's reply to the 'jus an arsehole' dub? dizzee claps back on the 'lean back' riddim.

that bit about buying titch a plane ticket to LA and then "hitting him for six like cricket" is wicked.

appleblim

need to hear that!

man, i'm missing so many battles and dubs.....can anyone sort me with mixes! will swap in return!

Ach!

Turd on the Run
'Just an Arsehole' was a reply to Dizzee freestyle over Lean Back, not the other way round.

C

captain easychord

Ach! said:
'Just an Arsehole' was a reply to Dizzee freestyle over Lean Back, not the other way round.

my bad. epic either way.

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
appleblim said:
need to hear that!

man, i'm missing so many battles and dubs.....can anyone sort me with mixes! will swap in return!

I have the Dizzee dis of Titch over Lean Back (off Logan Sama's promo mix) that I could rip out and upload if you (and people in general) would like?

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Yeah, Dylan's On A Hype Thing is breathtaking. There's a similar sense of urgency on Wiley's Fire Hydrant vocal Colder, the Lethal B diss. Not as passionate as Dylan's On A Hype Thing (after all, isn't this Lethal B/Wiley fight something of hype thing itself? On The Practice Hours DVD he says "it's all hype" coming out the studio after his radio clash with Lethal B), but it scorches your ears anyway- "There he goes hiding behind Boundary, never once in his life did he check Boundary, I get bored writing bars for Lethal B, I said pow in 1993, I said pow in 2003, 2004 he wants to go against me....".

Wicked wicked wicked.

appleblim

yo pearsall! if u have the whole of the logan sama promo cd, i would LOVE to get my hands on it...can't afford to buy these dvds and ting right now, and i missed the mail out of that mix......

like i say, happy to return mixes i have!

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
that dizzee vs Asher D accapella battle that was on the roll deep site was excellent, still wanna rerub that into something...

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Diggedy Derek said:
There's a similar sense of urgency on Wiley's Fire Hydrant vocal Colder, the Lethal B diss. .

Really feeling this, if this is the track I think you mean.

Just to check, it has some choice lines like
'i saw your mum shopping in iceland, willy's not a nice man'
'then I heard wiley got signed by polydor, yeah righ me and polydor'
....and is the one I mentioned before as having a UR style riddim (gunshots punctuating wagner-style synths)???

Last edited:

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Ah- I'm not sure about that, I'll have to check. This one I'm on about has the same rhythm as B-Live's Merkers, and also features Riko. It does have gunshots though, and the great desparate line "sometimes I get up in the morning, I've got something to live for- sometimes I get up in the morning, I've got nothing to live for...". The way Wiley just states it plain, even sometimes repeating lines verbatim- it's like George Orwell. It's more intense for just being word for word, no analogies or wordplay, just what's in his head.

Here's a clip

Anyone checked the Tim Westwood Saturday show with Lethal B slewing Wiley, as pointed out by Chantelle Fiddy? It starts about 1hr 15 into his show. It's mad. Lots of new lyrics from Lethal, and they aren't very nice.