SPYDER D - BIG APPLE RAPPIN'
MR Q - DJ STYLE
THE FLY GUYS - FLY GUYS RAP
SOLO SOUND - GET THE PARTY JUMPIN'
THE JAMAICA GIRLS - ROCK THE BEAT
SUPER 3 - STANDING ON THE TOP
TJ SWANN, PEEWEE MEL & BARRY B - ARE YOU READY
NICE & NASTY 3 - THE ULTIMATE RAP

Anyone feeling these? General Echo doing a cover of Rappers Delight over the 'vanity' riddim is fantastically good, The Jamaica Girls.. the Fly Guys... loads of seriously tight live funk/disco style production and tempos, and really good vibe all the way through - plus loads of fresh breaks for the non-crate diggers amongst us...

http://www.souljazzrecords.co.uk/releases/?id=4973

D7_bohs

BROTHER D & THE COLLECTIVE EFFORT - HOW WE GONA MAKE THE BLACK NATION RISE
brilliant record - taped it off the peel show back in the day, but have never been able to find on vinyl - great chorus; 'How we gonna make the black nation rise?/ Agitate, educate, organise'

D

droid

D7_bohs said:
BROTHER D & THE COLLECTIVE EFFORT - HOW WE GONA MAKE THE BLACK NATION RISE
brilliant record - taped it off the peel show back in the day, but have never been able to find on vinyl - great chorus; 'How we gonna make the black nation rise?/ Agitate, educate, organise'

I still have to get them myself. A friend played them to me last night... only question is CD or doubly expensive Vinyl...

Ill race you to Spindizzy after work! ;)

adruu

This Is It
i've been waiting to hear this. I will try to cop this tonight. Looks ridiculously good.

On another note, looking for more Grand Wizard Theodore...if there were uncut studio sessions from the Wild Style OST I would go mad for those...

stelfox

Beast of Burden
i reviewed this for uncut a couple of months ago and i think i mentioned it on a reggae reissue thread because of the fabulous general echo track. it's a lovely, lovely record and makes me really happy. if you haven't already read can't stop won't stop by jeff chang, do. this album is a perfect companion to it.

zhao

there are no accidents
just got this the other day, at the Whitney, where the worthless turd of a Biennale was a total waste of time, and this purchase was the highlight of my day... only half of a cursory spin so far - so good!

what if they dug deeper and unearthed some shit from 1974-1977??? :eek:

zhao

there are no accidents
nothing as out there faded crazy so far off the hook as that K-rob / Rammel Z track on the first NY NOISE comp though...