The Israel Lobby

run_time

Fascinating article looking at how the 'Israel Lobby' in conjunction with Neo Cons in the US has pretty much set the agenda for the US Middle East policy and how it is ultimately doing more damage than harm to America (surprise surprise)

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v28/n06/mear01_.html

Would be interested in hearing if someone can strongly refute the case as its pretty damning

Buick6

too punk to drunk
We all know how evil Israel and the Jews are. Even I can admit it and I'm Jewish! They create their own anti-semitism by being arrogant and thinking they are better than everyone else and playing the (h)olocaust card to get out of jail. They will get what they deserve. :(

D

droid

I take it all back. You really are a troll.

The discusions you want to have are all here. Shoo troll shoo! :cool:

jenks

thread death
have started to read this article (it's over about 8 closely typed pages of the lrb) and must admit there seems to be a pretty strong case being built - the sheer size of the financial aid that theya re receiving from the usa is really rather startling

will comment more when i've finally finished the piece

run_time

i figured the length of the document might be enough to put more than few people off given that we're increasingly used to bite sized morsels...but is probably the most interesting piece on Israel I've seen in a while

IdleRich

IdleRich
Interesting article. None of it is exactly new but when you read it all together it adds up to quite a powerful and depressing case. It's not really that there is something sinister going on - who can blame someone for lobbying for causes that they believe in - but it shows the way that the American system is open to persuasion from an organised group.