popol vuh on tv, 1971!!!

bruno

est malade
for those who like first period popol vuh, a little treat here. i'm still levitating.

on a side note.. they have put a ten minute limit on videos. apparently someone screamed copyright infringement. i don't see how they could be afraid with video as chopped up and nasty-looking as this? really, one would think more exposure is a good thing, as people are more likely to want to buy or search for your product?? one more effort if you want to be a good capitalist ;)

vache

Very nice! The vintage video effects are really wonderful.

I'm still hoping that someone will sooner or later post the "Truckstop Gondelero" performance of Kraftwerk with Ralf, Florian, Michael Rother and Klaus Dinger...

mms

sometimes
public image / lydon being absolutley wonderful in a great suit - american bandstand...

since we're on youtube finds

Last edited:

vache

mms said:
public image / lydon being absolutley wonderful in a great suit - american bandstand...

since we're on youtube finds

Oh, I was just going to post this! This is such a classic moment in American television.

Don Rosco

Bleep43 said:
German TV recently ran a 6 part TV series on Kraut Rock, which by all accounts was pretty comprehensive. I believe that there's a torrent somewhere for the final part that has footage of the likes of Kraftwerk, Cluster and Neu!

I think you can try from here...

http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3461485

Cool, nice find. I suppose there's no way this is ever gonna be subtitled, is it? I'd love to know what these crazy Germans are saying.

bruno

est malade
seconded, amazing find!

i'm not a 'video' person, so apart from kraftwerk, and the bit of popol vuh i saw on youtube a while ago, i had never seen any footage of kraut groups. it blew my mind to see this. i would esp. like to know what florian fricke is saying (probably nothing that the music doesen't say anyway, but still).

hex

Hobo chang ba
withnail said:
and some Kraftwerk from 1970

Some more excellent Prog Kraftwerk (check out the drummer's wizard sleeves!):

(Caution, contains filmed-off-a-telly shakycam...)

And sniffing around YouTube for Kraftwerk inevitably brought up this video by the magnificent Senor Coconut. Enjoy - I certainly did.

Last edited:

bruno

est malade
hex said:
Some more excellent Prog Kraftwerk (check out the drummer's wizard sleeves!):

(Caution, contains filmed-off-a-telly shakycam...)
that footage (and a couple of things mentioned above this post) is in pristine form on that piratebay torrent. get it and seed!