PDA

View Full Version : Grime on MTV in the states

Keith P
04-04-2006, 07:23 AM
http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?source=TLD_overdrive.mtv.com

dHarry
04-04-2006, 09:57 AM
my company's ISP is routed through Russia somewhere, which occasionally causes oddities like this when I click on your link:

We're sorry, but MTV Overdrive is currently unavailable in your territory. :(

petergunn
05-04-2006, 09:18 AM
this is a real pain in the ass to watch, but i wanna try as i think i was there when they filmed the jammer interview and i was really drunk so i'm curious if i do something dumb like wave my hand in front of the camera...

Whoa-B
05-04-2006, 12:29 PM
that was pretty cool. Not a bad representation of the sound or scene.

I never thought I'd see the day that Kurt Loder uttered the word 'grimey'.

droid
05-04-2006, 12:38 PM
In order to offer a broad selection of full-length music videos on-demand and free of charge, MTV Overdrive uses Windows Digital Rights Management (DRM) to protect videos from unauthorized re-distribution.

Unfortunately, Microsoft's Windows Media Player Plug-in for Macintosh does not support Windows DRM. If DRM support becomes available for Macintosh, MTV will develop a version of MTV Overdrive that works on a Mac.

Morons...

Grievous Angel
05-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Morons...
M$ want Apple to use the WM SDK to do it themselves.

Lack of DRM interoperability is an irritation but I'm less worried about DRM per se than I once was.

Logan Sama
05-04-2006, 08:06 PM
I wanted to be involved in this. They were only interested in talking to MCs annoyingly.

polystyle desu
05-04-2006, 11:58 PM
And just now there was another installment of the 'Lord Of The Mics' battle on MTV
during the Direct Effect hiphop show ...
Nice lead in , MC's filing around a corner into the underground spot where Jammer explained the battle ,
Skepta in action .
They didn't say who won
Guess the whole things on MTV's Overdrive broadband

artdamages
06-04-2006, 03:28 PM
Detecting OS...
In order to offer a broad selection of full-length music videos on-demand and free of charge, MTV Overdrive uses Windows Digital Rights Management (DRM) to protect videos from unauthorized re-distribution.

Unfortunately, Microsoft's Windows Media Player Plug-in for Macintosh does not support Windows DRM. If DRM support becomes available for Macintosh, MTV will develop a version of MTV Overdrive that works on a Mac.

droid
06-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Deja vu... ;)

Fiddy
07-04-2006, 10:49 AM
The producer of the show told me yesterday they're turning it into a regular show for MTV in the US. They got stacks of footage over here and think they're hoping it will air in UK too.

chimpybits
07-04-2006, 05:06 PM
The URL doesn't take me to the specific show and I can't seem to find it. Could you pass along a more specific URL or more likely some navigation help?