Sopranos

sufi

lala
sorry to be lo-brow, but loving that 6th series so far...
only seen the 1st 3 episodes (so no spoilers pleeeease!) but i hope that vito's gonna gets whuts coming...

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
don't see them as too low brow, actually I think it's one of the better bits of cinema going, certainly acting wise.

Hope this isn't too much of a spoiler, we're up to 7 I think but Vito plays a central and pretty surprising role. You better catch up though dog! It's hard to talk about the show and remember what happened 3 or 4 episodes back. Go on then and draw for the bittorrent.

That said I'm loving season 6 as well, that whole sopranos-goes-lynchian episode with Tony in a coma was SICK. Seems like a lot of people will die this season though, looks like everyone is coming apart at the seams. I am praying they don't kill off paulie walnuts or christopher moltisanti tho, they're terrific.

adruu

This Is It
i'm thinking someone is going to take a shot at either the kids or the wife before the show is over.

my favorite scene -- episode 1 -- tony yelling at christopher in the car and lighting the cigarette on the wrong end.

best music moment -- third world destruction (bambatta/lydon)

sufi

lala
yeah my homey have been downloading them from the interweb thingy so i'm up to episode 4 now, he's up to number 6 i think :cool:
will this not be the last series anyway - that means tony's got to go i reckon?

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
yeah that bambaata punk tune is big.

I do see Tony getting pretty soft after his brush with death, might be the beginning of his end. Who you think will take over the family if he dies? I think christopher maybe.

robin

i'm only up episode four,it hasnt disappointed so far...
i watched seasons 1-5 in the last few months,never having seen it beforfe...
it really is an incredible series,the quality control is amazing considering theres been 50 odd episodes,almost all of which were perfectly acted,scripted,and filmed...
i dont think there's any chance of christopher being killed off,he's too central to everything-in my opinion he's also the best actor in the whole show...

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
yeah co-sign on christopher, he's terrific.

And I also ignored the show while the hype raged and came to it afterwards. I have to agree though that this is some of the finest actor oriented film making that's been around in a while. It's very subtle and well done. But goddamn it ppl, get up to speed! There are some very strange developments in recent episodes that I am dying to discuss. I should make a Sporanos (spoilers) thread.

craner

Beast of Burden
Soof, where have you been? I watched Matt's film 'Echo' for the first time last night, and it was great, just beautiful. Apparently you turned up to that, and prevented a calamity.

sufi

lala
transplanted to north and east of london nowadays, sprouting around the place nicely, we should meet up ... sweet of you to ask oc :D

sufi

lala
rank hypocrisy i think (that post was a while back) cheating on his wife & kids...
it was a good plot in the end with some contrasts that revealed how much vito stitched himself up & what a nasty peice of work he was so much that he couldn't pursue either side of his double life effectively
<spoiler if you still catching s6 repeats in the UK!>>> grisly end for vito tho :confused:
why you ask why?

gabriel

The Heatwave
just seemed a bit harsh to be hoping for a homophobic murder!

obviously he was a nasty piece of work (aren't they all?), but again, like all (or many) of the characters he was also shown as a loving father, and i ended up pitying him a lot in that story line abuot him and the biker etc, it must be awful being gay in such an intensely anti-gay community, having to pretend you're not etc etc. i liked the fact that tony tried to save him as well, i was hoping it would work out for vito...

sufi

lala
fair enuff... the first few episodes was before he came thru with all the sensitive johnny-cakes schmaltz - iirc he was coming out all over-homophobic to cover himself in front of the lads? no homo-phobe! :)

MATT MAson

BROADSIDE
Anybody see the final episode? Not to spoil it for anyone, the last episode took a beating in the press, but I thought it was incredible, perhaps the only way the series could have ended.

And someone should get an emmy for "Best Use of a Record by Journey".

crackerjack

Anybody see the final episode? Not to spoil it for anyone, the last episode took a beating in the press, but I thought it was incredible, perhaps the only way the series could have ended.

And someone should get an emmy for "Best Use of a Record by Journey".

I was fuming for about 10 minutes, but then i calmed down and realised it was genius. And i agree that this was probably the best possible ending (though my personal favourite
LOOK AWAY NOW - SPOILER ALERT - LOOK AWAY NOW - would have had him going into the programme).

swears

preppy-kei
*SPOILERS*

The way Tony killed Christopher by holding his nostrils until he suffocated after the car crash was a nice touch.

crackerjack

not seen it yet but the economist love it!!

good cartoon & no spoilers this time:
http://economist.com/world/na/displaystory.cfm?story_id=9304030&CFID=8639194&CFTOKEN=71042457

That's a very good piece. But I've got to tkae issue with this:

American culture has always had a weakness for sex and violence. But since the 1960s it has gleefully eliminated conventional distinctions between good and bad,

Hollywood's is still the most goodie/baddie movie culture in the west.