Ragga Twins Spliffhead

D

droid

Thats SUAD 7 I think. Are you talking about the 'bad boy wha dat' chatting vocal or the other side, which has this 'Ragga Twins step out' vocal? I cant remember which side is which. Either way theyre both chatted by UK MCs, not sampled AFAIK.

mms

sometimes
droid said:
Thats SUAD 7 I think. Are you talking about the 'bad boy wha dat' chatting vocal or the other side, which has this 'Ragga Twins step out' vocal? I cant remember which side is which. Either way theyre both chatted by UK MCs, not sampled AFAIK.

the bad boy wha dat is illegal gunshot isn't it?

spliffhead has a sample from 'big band b -boy by mantronix on it - i know that can't remember what the - and a sample from prince - the intro to lets go crazy but i think the vocal is their own, can'rt remember the reggae bit at all

dominic

Beast of Burden
the one that samples prince is "hooligan 69" -- and, believe it or not, i heard moby (?!) play it the other night

Last edited:

dominic

Beast of Burden
getting back to original question --

spliffhead has ragga twins chatting "ragga twins step out"

but it also samples a reggae singer

and i have absolutely no idea who they're sampling

D

droid

What does the vocal say again? Went looking for this 12 the other day and couldnt find it...

kemikazi

I've been listening to the Ragga Twins quite a bit lately (There are quite a few live sets of theirs floating around in cyberspace - my favourite at the moment is one they dedicate to Steve Hyper D and Kemistry at Meditation circa 1999 in Mannheim with DJ Hype - fantastic).

The mix of Spliffhead I've got just has Demon and Flinty on it - and while not wanting to seem pedantic, it's "Ragga Twins dey bout" (Jamaican vernacular and all that...)