The Wild Highway - sequal to Bad Wisdom

I've nearly finished this. It's suitably outrageous, with recurrent themes of extreme sexual violence, post-colonial racism, war, madness, B'witi, death and poverty, all set against the roiling black waters of the Congo. Bad Wisdom with malaria.

Commendably free-wheeling, but definitely a pleasure of the very guiltiest kind.

Anyone else read it?

IdleRich

IdleRich
The sequel to Bad Wisdom by Bill Drummond and Zodiac Mindwarp? I didn't even know that it existed but I'll definitely have to check it out. I loved Bad Wisdom although it was more than a little silly. I read a book as well by Z on his own, I can't remember what it was called but it came out in that series called Attack Books (are they still going?) and it was basically rubbish. Same themes but without the tempering and wit that Bill Drummond brought to it.

IdleRich said:
The sequel to Bad Wisdom by Bill Drummond and Zodiac Mindwarp? I didn't even know that it existed but I'll definitely have to check it out. I loved Bad Wisdom although it was more than a little silly. I read a book as well by Z on his own, I can't remember what it was called but it came out in that series called Attack Books (are they still going?) and it was basically rubbish. Same themes but without the tempering and wit that Bill Drummond brought to it.

Yes indeed, it suddenly crossed my radar earlier this year. The second of three in the series... arctic, jungle and space. They haven't done the third trip yet.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Right then. I'm going camping straight after work this evening. When I get back on Monday I'm gonna buy the book and read it. Bring it on.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Just finished this last night, excellent of course. Not for the faint-hearted but really funny as fuck and Bill Drummond's bits provide just enough respite from Z's continual comedy horror. There is something heroic about the way Z takes his theme and just repeats it again and again, chapter after chapter and book after book without appearing to get tired at all, just searching for new ways to up the ante. The sheer relentlessness of it makes it funnier and funnier.
I've lent it to a friend now, I wonder what he will make of it.

Yoghurt Sothoth

Lord of the files
IdleRich said:
Just finished this last night, excellent of course. Not for the faint-hearted but really funny as fuck and Bill Drummond's bits provide just enough respite from Z's continual comedy horror. There is something heroic about the way Z takes his theme and just repeats it again and again, chapter after chapter and book after book without appearing to get tired at all, just searching for new ways to up the ante. The sheer relentlessness of it makes it funnier and funnier.
I've lent it to a friend now, I wonder what he will make of it.

My copy has disappeared, with 50 pages left to read. No spoilers please!