lush pad sounds
weird ambient noises
scratch crackle and pops

DUBSTEP, OL SKOOL FUNK and GLITCHY ELECTRONICA

mms

sometimes
ambrose said:
oh i thought you meant these
are they the same 'the lovers' that did that sex club record, same producers as mia, about 4 months before mia came out?
That record is a dirty one.

i like people doing it because it refreshes them.

soundslike1981

Things that sound like: "Ain't it Funky Now," "Recollections," "King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown," "Third Uncle," "Vitamin C," "The Chase," "A Case of You," 'Dub Housing,' 'It's Gonna Rain Pt. II," 'Innervisions,' "I Want You," small-groups gamelan, "Sophisticated Cissy," 'The Velvet Underground,' 'Black Saint & The Sinner Lady,' "Wildwood Flower," "Shake For Me," "Devil Got My Woman," "Is This Real," "Mindtrain," "From the Side of the Machine," "The Sad Skinhead," "Someone I Care About," "Negativland," etc etc etc. . ..

kemikazi

I love The Cure and The Cause by Fish Go Deep, sumptuously remixed by David Ferrer.

Oh my! Is anyone else feeling this tune?

sitting in the hot pools at hanmer springs in the rain like i was today
eating fish and chips and walking along the beach at sumner
driving round the port hills at dusk with a red sunset over the southern alps
feeling like i truly belong exactly where i am
not being afriad to speak my mind even if i'm wrong
and not giving 2 shits about what people think or say of me on the net

zhao

there are no accidents
rainbows
bunnies
sunsets
ice cream
sitting by the fire
long walks on the beach

oh and I ALSO love not caring what people think of me on the net.

Last edited:

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Since this is a MUSIC board what I *love*:

Eno
Bob Dylan
The Can
The Neu
The Stooges
The Blues
Neil Jung
Velvets & Lou Reed
Rolling Stones recorded up till around 1981 (then it became HATE)
Moritz von Oswald
Sonic Youth (until about '93, then they became shit)
My Bloody Valentine
that Studio 1 reggae stuff. In fact most reggae until about '85.
The Saints
Public Enemy
MoodyMann
the Detroit techno
Richard Hell & the Voidoids,
the Talking Heads
Television
..and Smog!

and maybe not entire catalogs, but albums of best ofs, of: Leonard Cohen, ACCADACCA, Sabbath, Kiss, Metallica, The Fall, Spacemen/Spirtualized, P-Funk, Yo La Tengo, Black Crowes, metal, the Who, T-Rex, Gary Glitter, Bowie, Sex Pistols, New Order, Ramones, Led Zep.

bruno

est malade
I LOVE chrome, silver bullet, macabre unit, sade, ruff sqwad*, bach*, popol vuh*, hypnotist, bodysnatch, franz schubert*, wang chung's score for to live and die in l.a, mars, pulse x, ron trent, gza*, rza, wu tang clan, i-f, f-i, ligeti, sweet exorcist, germs, madrigal, public enemy, black sabbath, artemyev, roedelius, run d.m.c, xenophobia, rune lindblad, skip spence, guru guru, kim rapatti, anton webern*, john carpenter*, crash course in science, loefah, vainqueur, triple 6 mafia, three 6 mafia, basic channel*, morton feldman*, bill evans, bobby konders, ragga twins, cabaret voltaire, joy division, comus, verto, max neuhaus, larry heard, slimzee, drexciya, celtic frost, kma's cape fear, link, reload's le soleil et la mer, richard pinhas, hashim, mika vainio, philus, d-train, sly fox, floh de cologne, magma, vice versa, stooges, iggy pop's the idiot, lard free, hybryds, jeff greinke, spacemen 3, new order, spk, n.a.s.t.y crew, d.a.f, sand, l.a.s, xhol, jammer, idjah hadidjah, art of noise, loop, dynamix II, caustic window, kraftwerk, pyrolator, giovanni fusco, john coltrane, nebula II, the ends' are you really from the ends, gto's pure (journey mix), clock dva, ike yard, slew dem productions, pandit jasraj, continuous mode, atahualpa yupanqui, beethoven, wiley kat, shut up and dance, adonis, borbetomagus, giorgio moroder, walt dickerson, goblin, michel urbaniak group, suicide, pôle, pilldriver, human resource, strauss' elektra, the master musicians of jajouka, rhythm device, cromagnon, crawlspace, kamikaze, kode9's sign of the dub, einsturzende neubauten, ya ho wha 13's penetration, robert henke, coil, neu!, giuseppe verdi, silvio rodriguez, vangelis' blade runner score, mr fingers, christina kubisch, francis dhomont, l'ivresse de la vitesse, pierre henry, wendy carlos, baby ford, timid 1, crunchy black, global communication, dome, non, aphex' digeridoo and everything up to 94, space opera, robert rental, nitro deluxe, tournesol, pink floyd, syd barrett, ø, alvin lucier, digital mystikz, laibach's kapital, musique concret, 2 live crew, n.w.a, xenakis, throbbing gristle, rhythm & sound, wizzbit, koji kondo*, esplendor geometrico, autechre's incunabula, art bears, toru takemitsu, conrad schnitzler, ice-t, mobb deep, dizzee, dee, newham generals, raffi, vocokesh, yatha sidra, south sinai bedouin music, j sweet, seefeel, faust, grandmaster flash, mescalinum united, paradox' a certain sound, 808 state's magical dream, kluster, cluster, howard shore, virgo, solid eye, scelsi, the shadows, sandra's maria magdalena, i remember syria, the sesame street, miami vice and terminator themes, everyone who contributed to the conet project, everyone at irdial, forcedexposure, rinse fm, cbs.nu, people like pappawheelie, reynolds, woebot, passionate for music.. respect and thank you to all!

*godhead

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
I love noise bands like the

rr08f.jpg

but seriously, if you think about it, every thread on this forum is a "Love Thread". except for the Hate Thread.

zhao

there are no accidents
someone said about early 20th C. jazz musicians:

"their lives were all about music, booze, and pussy. and it was the pussy that got'em in the end"

ha

corneilius

what I love

oxygen, weather, sunlight, moonlight, fingers, toes, ears, eyes, legs, arms, spiders, snakes, elephants, zebras, wildebeeste's, foxes, iguanas, lizards, fish, whales, marsupials, bob marley, fela kuti, ani di franco, cold beer, jack daniels, weed, lsd, mushrooms, mdma, nexo sound systems, line array sound systems, mixing desks, genelecs, shure, my aria guitar, elixir strings, my sl1200 turntables, the taste of my lover, clouds, trees, walking, leaves on the ground, strong winds, sudden heavy downpouring rain in spring or summer, sailing, cycling, recycling, jamming, singing, drumming, chanting, skinny dipping, hot tubs, saunas, massage, bach flower remedies, hemp oil, hemp seeds, hemp clothing, water, sand, rocks, cliffs, myself, my daughter, my friends, public transport, gardening, putting up a tent, my mother, her mother and her mother before her, my father, and his father before him, and all their mothers and fathers, my djembe, my didge, my tin whistle, my voice, out-door festivals, the internet, organic red wine, polar bears, penguins, my singing bowl, hand-made incense, communication and well there's so much to love about this life .. this list is probably endless ..... so better close here by saying that I love life. :cool:

I must be a really, really black-hearted person with a small shriveled up heart that looks like a burnt mushroom but of Cornelius's list I can agree only with 'cold beer'! This both shocks and saddens me...music-wise I like lots of unpleasant noisy, punitive, electronic, slutty, pure and cramped things like coil, current 93, nurse with wound, laibach, rammstein, bach, the pet shop boys, marc almond, visage, heaven 17, ultravox, japan, etc. Oh, and avril lavigne and tatu. non-musically I like reading unpleasant crime fiction by lesbians, and impenetrable books by hegel and kant, getting belligerently and wretchedly drunk and having political fights with people. I probably don't like life very much, but I find it quite amusing. Grrrr!

corneilius

there's more

I too like scratchy noisey techno, and other assorted noisiness and neglected to include it in my list. As for shrivel heartedness, worry not for your honesty belies such a claim.

I would reserve that sorbriquet for the Blairs, Hewitts, Camerons, Roves, Rumdfelds, Wahhabi's and Clarkes and others of similar ilk of this world....

And please take note, that it took quite a long while for me to get to the point where I can say I love life. And mean it.

Troy

31 Seconds
I love bands that are awesome despite the fact that you can say things about them that basically prove that they can't be any good...

Wedding Present... same song, same topic, same lyrics over and over and over again...

Galaxie 500... whole album make up of open G, D, and C guitar chords.

Spacemen 3 - drones endlessly through effects pedals, plus.. you call that drumming?

Rush - they sing about By-Tor and the Snow Dog, literally.

ambrose

MMS:

yeah they did "sex club". i get a bit hazy about who produces them but as far as i know they produce their own stuff, with various help from the rest of the sheffield scene, maybe parrot, mark brydon, er etc etc i cant think of any other people but they are thick as thieves.