Big Big Riddims 2005 - 2006

zhao

there are no accidents
Big Big Riddims

just got Redbull and Guiness. niiice. any other recent ones I NEED to pick up???

I'm talkin' floor KILLERS. like Red Alert.

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
also got Gangsta Rock and the Return of Mudd Up. decent but nothing to jump up and down about...

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
Ce'cile - Bun Rapist on gangsta rock with the pitched up vocals is doing it for me big time. Those pitched up vocals, sickness.

D

droid

Baddis Ting, That Bogle revival riddim, and Mudd up...

None of them actually new riddims! :D

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
Clubberlang said:
I got the CD with five different versions of the riddim on Friday!

I was thinking of getting the cd but since i am mainly a vinyl dj i went with the 7's first then I will buy the cd as well since I want all 5 versions. The 7's i bought have three of the versions.
The one i really want though is capleton's "fire anthem" which means i have to buy the cd.
:)
it's a fun riddim

Last edited:

Clubberlang

2005:
Ice Cube, Siren, Applause, Sleepy Dog, Bionic Ras, I Rob, Migraine, Seasons, Drop Leaf, Jonkanoo, Concubine, Assault Rifle, Vietnam, Judgement, Rah Rah

2006:
Gangsta Rock, Man Fe Dead, Octane, Nookie 2K6, Capital P, Global, Eighty-Five, Old Truck, Sweat

stelfox

Beast of Burden
the chinkuzi absolutely blows. it's the worst thing rakkas crew have done so far and a real disappointment. likewise that dreadful heavenly riddim by vendetta. this year has been all about the baddis thing, eighty five, return of the mudd up, old truck and galore for me. actually don't like the sweat riddim much other than beenie's incredible voicing.

D

droid

85 goes without saying, specially liking some of the variations of it floating about - point is all the best riddims have been old skool, or updates of old skool riddims...

Anyone else despise Drop-leaf? Bores the pants off me...

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
Not exactly jump off tunes but Istanbul, Rose Apple and Truth and Rights all have some spine tingling versions. And no, I do not co-sign on hating drop leaf, I actually really like what he brought with the sweet guitar licks there.

D

droid

IMO riddims and guitars (electric or acoustic) dont mix. Apart from the 'bam', I cant think of a single riddim I rate highly that has a guitar lick.