Wayne Rooney

IdleRich

IdleRich
Anyone else gutted about this? I know I'm biased but it does seem that England have terrible luck in international tournaments; if it's not injuries it's penalties and failing that it's the "hand of God" or Kevin Keegan (ok that's not luck). I've been looking forward to the World Cup for ages and I almost cried when I saw the headlines on Sunday. I didn't think that we were going to win or anything but I can't see that this will have anything but an adverse effect on Enland's chances.

alo

Yeah .......cannot.......beleive :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .........it!!

But dreaded as much. There is always something leading up to a major tournament. This crazy fashion for snapped metatarsals has to stop!! Apparently its something to do with the manufactoring obsession with lightweight boots meaning there is less support than there used to be. Either way its a national tragedy and there should be a proper, publicly recognised period of mourning followed by black armbands at every England game at the World Cup. :( :( :(

IdleRich

IdleRich
"i'm still in denial."
So is Eriksson. I mean, what's the point in talking about taking him when it's clear he's not going to be fit? Time to move on I reckon.
"Apparently its something to do with the manufactoring obsession with lightweight boots meaning there is less support than there used to be"
And wasn't this some new Nike boot that they released with a fanfare the week before saying it was designed with (yeah right) and for Rooney? Cunts.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
in an attempt to stop the whole country drowning in its own tears, the bbc has allowed you to pick the new england team! (flash required)

i'm off to higher ground*

*NOT the red hot chili peppers version, but rather hills and that.

IdleRich

IdleRich
But I want to pick Rooney.

"i'm off to higher ground*
*NOT the red hot chili peppers version, but rather hills and that."
What, the Stevie Wonder track? Did they do a version of that?

notoriousJ.I.M

Here's how I think we should line up...
england4is1.png

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
IdleRich said:
We can't start with Crouch on the pitch. Everyone will laugh.

What's with all the Crouch bashing? Granted, the man hasn't been great for liverpool, but in the WC qualifiers he was one of the best on the pitch.

Plus he has a good touch for a big man.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"What's with all the Crouch bashing? Granted, the man hasn't been great for liverpool, but in the WC qualifiers he was one of the best on the pitch."
I'm not bashing his playing, just his appearance.
How come none of you lot predicted Theo Walcott? Are you too shortsighted to think outside the box or has Sven just lost it?

luka

this is the team we should play

cole left back
terry (captain)and ferdinand in the centre with carragher replacing ferdinanad if he don't look up for it.
neville right back.

gerrard in the middle with carrick or scott parker as defensive midfeilder, then cole and wright-phillips or aaron lennon, forget beckham, i can't be bothered with him.

owen up front with crouch, hahahahahah

what a shit team,we haven't got a chance. fuck it, marlon harewood instead of crouch.
or dean ashton.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Funny how a few weeks ago everyone was saying what a good team we had. Now it's all changed and we are scrabbling around for players that no-one had even considered before such as Ashton, Harewood, Lennon and Walcott. That last one is the most ridiculous to me, he hasn't played any games at all and he's being kept out of the Arsenal first team by Reyes.
Just in: Downing, Walcott and Lennon are in the (provisional) squad! Defoe, Wright-Philips and "Deadly" Ledley King are out.

luka

i just said harewood and ashton cos i support west ham. mind you they're better players than crouch, score more goals and are a lot stronger physically. lennon is an impact player, i really think he should go to germany, imagine that little fukcer running at you after you've just been playing for 70minutes, youd be terrified. ditto wright phillips. he's had a restful season too. i don't want lampard and gerrard in the same team particularly.
defoe i think is the most gifted striker we've got,after owen, dunno whats wrong with him though, ogt about 9 goals this season. theres defenders that get about that much.

alo

Well, the provisional squad has just been announced and Wright-Philips and Defoe aren't in it.

Yeah i can't believe this!!
Sven has played it safe since forever and ever, and after an agonisingly expectant build -up ended with injuries to two irreplaceble strikers it seems like he's just said: "well, fuck it."
I certainly can't believe Wright Philips is not being taken, hes still shit hot in or out of the Chelsea first team.

jenks

thread death
i thought the walcott comment was a joke - how shit must Defoe be feeling now? His whole schtick has been to stick at Spurs until the World Cup and then put himself in the shop window in Germany for a Champions League club to come and spirit him away. Just goes to show how being profligate in front of goal will cost you (and that's from a spurs fan)

it's got to be:
robinson
terry capt
carragher
nevill g
cole a
carrick
gerrard
lampard
beckham
owen
crouch

with lennon to come on after 70 mins as luka pointed out
i think sven will like the little and large combo and it will allow him to go one up/one off in a 4-4-1-1 line up.
personally i like the 4-1-4-1 line up but that would have required picking Bent or someone who has spent the season ploughing that lonely furrow by himself. carrick could play in front of the defence if ledley's not fit and it might free up lamps and gerrard. and let rio ride the bench - he's far too fucking casual, carragher has doen nothing wrong all season but is probably going to only come on once someone gets injured in the back four.