Why aren't more bands donating to New Orleans?

Buick6

too punk to drunk
This is where I find rock and 'politics' to be incredibly pathetic, laughable, pissweak.

The New Orleans cyclones created a massive human tragedy that the completely fucked-up American government seemed to ignore in favour of selling more missiles to China or Iran or testing more shit in Israel and hyping their Iraq debacle..OK fair enough..

But the city of NEW ORLEANS is a pretty instrumental spiritual/inspirational centre in the career of countless guitar and even some synthy bands, some being the BIGGEST GROSSING BAND IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE not just American but ENGLISH, IRISH and even ORSTRAYLYAN!!!

Here are a few off the top of my head:

THE ROLLING STONES
VAN MORRISON (and them)
LED ZEPELLIN
U FUCKING TWO U2
AC/DC

and synth bands to keep you equal-opportunist:

DEPECHE MODE
MARILYN MANSON
Nin Inch Nails

and of course yr Americanos bands Springsteen, Black Crowes, Dylan, etc..etc..etc,

I mean here was a chance for ROCK N ROLL to really make a mockery of the Bush administration, a chance for these bands to REALLY MAKE a DIFFERENCE..I mean if you added up the math, these bands combined make BILLIONS on their world tours, you'd think an act of simple philanthropy could be that hard, considering the inspiration the musc, culture and PEOPLE of that town has given them??

SO when you want to talk racism, authenticity, identity and other wanky bullshit, it's all there in this human tragedy.

(I do beleive some bands have done benefits, but if all the above banded together, whoah, a truly serious and profound statement could be made...)