My plan to destroy Capitalism...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy

31 Seconds
Capitalism IS inevitable. Or more precisely, the world as it is today (of which Capitalism is a part) exists as the natural result of a cause/effect cycle that has been going on since the Big Bang. A natural ebbing/flowing of energies and the laws of physics and a reflection of what it means to be Human, with all of our needs and desires and faults, etc.

WE (the collective life-force of all humanity up until now) have made Capitalism. We are greedy, noble, loving, hating, jealous, self-centered, needy beings, and we create the world and its economic frameworks in our image.

So I believe that the only way in which to better the world is for each person to better themselves. Now I personally might become the noblest person that ever lived, but I would just be one of billions. You see, EVERYBODY has to improve. How can that goal be accomplished?

Here is my plan... We use Capitalism to destroy Capitalism...We PAY people to better themselves through MEDITATION. What we need are public booths that people can walk into, sit down in, and meditate. There would be a brain scanner in the booth that pays you for every minute that your brain is acutely Aware, yet focused on Nothing (zen meditation). This way we can entice a great number of people to better themselves. I think the Capitalist Powers that Be would go for developing this because it would keep people meditating rather than smoking weed and drinking alcohol and committing crimes and plotting evil Liberal schemes designed to take down the MAN.

What do you think?

Reactions: sus

Padraig

Banned
RE: DesTroy [on Industrial] Meditation ...

"Is that you David Lynch? Is this me!"
Maybe you could watch his movies instead, until he gets round to making another ...

luka

that was rude sherief. im insulted on his behalf. that post was a lot more entertaining than anything you#ve ever writ
#(ok, i was also being rude!)

Last edited:

bruno

est malade
Troy said:
here would be a brain scanner in the booth that pays you for every minute that your brain is acutely Aware, yet focused on Nothing (zen meditation)
meanwhile 'the man' is in bed with your wife..

brilliant idea, troy. but if you really want to destroy capitalism destroy humanity. problem solved! the birds will chirp in the morning.

zhao

there are no accidents
the thing is...

we have lived the way we live now (heirarchy, power, language) for less than 10 thousand years.

while we have lived in a different, different ways for 4 million years prior.

civilization is like a week of coming down with the flu in the lifetime of humanity.

johneffay

confucius said:
the thing is...

we have lived the way we live now (heirarchy, power, language) for less than 10 thousand years.

Ermm, no. Something may have lived in different ways, but it wasn't 'us'.

sherief

Generic Human
I apologize then, I was posting when I was far too busy/sleep deprived to be nice. And two wrongs don't make a right, so there's no need to try and insult me.

In any case though, I think this 'solution' is a total non-starter. I won't adress practicality, because nothing worthwhile ever is, but Heiddeger wanted us all to think about nothing, and Heiddeger was a Nazi. But seriously, won't a society of people who have simply agreed to detach themselves from that society and fled into some solipsistic inner/higher realm of nirvana or whatnot simply be just better pawns? (c.f. the Taoist Ethic and Spirit of Global Capitalism) This post was entertaining as far as it was cute, but I don't see how this leads to any productive thought.

Troy

31 Seconds
I really DID have an idea on how to destroy Capitalism, but then the dubstep uber-sub-bass leaking out of the Music forum made me all silly and I lost my train of thought...

But really though, I made my post a silly one because I thought it would make it easier for someone to post a BETTER idea on how to destroy Capitalism...

So where are the ideas, man?

DJ PIMP

confucius said:
I'll take my easy life of contemporary serfdom over the brutality of living primitively (close to nature) any day.

Padraig

Banned
Troy said:
I really DID have an idea on how to destroy Capitalism, but then the dubstep uber-sub-bass leaking out of the Music forum made me all silly and I lost my train of thought...

But really though, I made my post a silly one because I thought it would make it easier for someone to post a BETTER idea on how to destroy Capitalism...

So where are the ideas, man?

You announced it as your PLAN - so what are you actually doing to implement it, dubstep distractions aside? What idea is it better than?

"Where are the ideas?" They're busily being dumbed-down, rubbished, ignored and ridiculed by this forum's resident anti-intellectual, narcissistic clowns, viz

Fluke-worm: "you're looking for 'productive thought' on dissensus?!! the mind boggles."

And, worse ...

"that was rude sherief. im insulted on his behalf. that post was a lot more entertaining than anything you#ve ever writ"

SHERIEF SHOULD HAVE YOUR FUCKING HIDE FOR THIS RECKLESS, PATHOLOGICAL SHITE.

IT IS NOW WELL PAST TIME YOU APOLOGISED, FUCKER, OR GET THE FUCK OFF THIS FORUM ... YOU SMUG, RACIST LITTLE SHITE!!! AND SHAME ON THOSE OTHER POSTERS HERE WHO PRETEND TO TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY ...

You want me to EXPOSE you?

[AND WHERE the fuck are the "mods" on this forum? Shootin' up? Given up? Run away?]

zhao

there are no accidents
johneffay said:
Ermm, no. Something may have lived in different ways, but it wasn't 'us'.

I'll take my easy life of contemporary serfdom over the brutality of living primitively (close to nature) any day.

both typical responses.

recent archeological findings are proving that Homo Erectus, which walked the earth for 4 million years, actually had the same level of upper cranial development as Homo Sapien; and it follows - the same level of cognitive, reasoning, memory, etc., capacity - intellegence, as us.

this ofcourse has a myriad of revolutionary implications which disprove most of what we think we know / have been taught, about the history of our species.

most biologists now agree that our pre-civilized ancestors were vegetarian. thus the term "Hunter Gatherer" is completely false - should be changed to "Gatherer Hunter", or to be more precise, just "Gatherer" - because organized hunting did not occur until civilization/agriculture.

many many facts like this, the result of new findings in the last few decades, are proving that the picture Civilization paints of "pre-history" are motivated falsifications which serve the sole function of the ideology / hierarchy perpetuating itself.

that our ancestors were violent, competitive beings that lived short, fearful, disease ridden lives -- these are nothing but LIES.

FACT: in nature, examples of symbiotic and cooperative relationships FAR outnumber competitive ones.

FACT: all major diseases such as cancer did not exist before agriculture, when the diet of our species went from 5000 kinds of fresh, raw fruits and vegetables to 15 kinds, most of which cooked. it is becoming more and more accepted in the scientific community that our ancestors were disease free, stress free, and lived much longer lives than us.

FACT: the extended families that our ancestors lived in had no division of labor (prolly because there wasn't much laborl), zero stratification, and no subjugation of any sort. heirarchical power came into being with language (at the same time as agriculture) - religion, politics, and art were one in shamanism, and the shaman was at once priest, king, and artist. thus the view that language and all art, music, poetry, etc., were invented with the advent of civilization to replace what we had lost - a psychic bond - total harmony with self, others, and environment.

FACT: all ancient cultures of the earth, the Aborigenies of Austratlia, Mayans, Hindus, Chinese, Hindu, Jewish, Muslim, Christian, all of them have very similar accounts of a large block of time before time was recorded. for instance Egyptian culture was centered around a sense of loss, of yearning and nostalgia, for a long gone golden age.

call me mad, but all of this make a lot more sense to me...

Last edited:

DJ PIMP

I assumed that the garden of eden myth refers to the pre-lingual period when humans were largely instinctual, but I find it hard to imagine this was a stress free time when we lived in total harmony with the natural world and one another without suffering so much as a toothache. Its certainly not the case for any of our simian cousins.

And how we would have the same intelligence and capacity for reasoning without language?

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
bleep said:
total harmony... certainly not the case for any of our simian cousins.

And how we would have the same intelligence and capacity for reasoning without language?

1. homo erectus were much closer (some say almost identical - with a bit more hair) to us than monkeys.

2. today's monkeys live in a world drastically different than the prehistoric world.

3. language is a tool invented by our intelligence - not a pre-requisite of it.

Last edited:

DJ PIMP

confucius said:
2. today's monkeys live in a world drastically different than the prehistoric world.

3. language is a tool invented by our intelligence - not a pre-requisite of it.
2. Hominids would still have been subject to predation, disease, starvation, natural disaster etc. And now that I think about it animals in all kinds of environments don't appear to need much communicative ability to establish a heirachy, e.g. alpha males and females.

3. Yet there is no record of a pre-historic Shakespeare. Try to imagine how you would go about having this debate without using language. Can you even think about it without using language? Language augments our intelligence and its impossible for us to have the same level of abstract thought or understanding without it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"accepted in the scientific community that our ancestors were disease free, stress free, and lived much longer lives than us"
Are you sure about this? Have you got any references? I was under the impression that life expectancy has increased dramatically throughout human history. I thought that part of the reason that things such as cancer and heart disease were not such prevalent killers in pre-history was because people didn't live long enough to fall victim to them.

"language is a tool invented by our intelligence - not a pre-requisite of it."
I'm not certain of this. If you can't articulate something (at least in your mind) can you think it? I'm not saying that language is necessarily a pre-requisite of intelligence it's just I would have thought that there is some room for debate about how language and intelligence developed and that it is too simplistic to just say "people were intelligent so they invented language".

Status
Not open for further replies.