hooligans

luka

reprehensible i know,but fuck it, we lost the football, have to be good at something

jenks

thread death
what was fascinating was the commentary - you don't really see the violence, you hear some glass being broken and the roar of the mob - but it is the coppers talking 'serious disorder' 'that is west ham taking liberties'.

it shows the absolute powerlessness of the police - they are reduced to spellbound observers who constanly say 'look, look' at yet another example of insouciant violence. They almost appear to be in awe...

compelling footage indeed.

Last edited:

bruno

est malade
haha. that icf thing was terrifying. reminded me of my only trip to the stadium, went straight to the 'barra brava' section. i barely escaped being trampled over several times, luckily i had had a decent breakfast. on my way out the same lot beat the living daylights out of a boy for not wearing the right colours. it's a cruel world.

do you think if soccer wasn't such a pussy game played by overpaid pretty boys who fall over soon as look at em that you wouldn't get hooligans or is it as my mate says a tribal thing ???

...you don't see rugby hooligans cos the players take it out on the field on behalf of their supporters

I don't get it. I can appreciate the skill in soccer but like riverdance and that shit...

...you got arms, use the fuckers !!! :confused:

IdleRich

IdleRich
I'm sure it's a tribal thing, there's a book by Desmond Morris called the Soccer Tribe that goes in to that in a lot of detail. I remember it being pretty good but I was about ten when I read it. Football Factory (which is fiction) was pretty good as well I seem to remember but the sequel wasn't so hot.

"...you got arms, use the fuckers !!!"
It's called football for a reason. American "Football" you use your arms, Rugby "Football" you use your arms and Australian Rules "Football" has gotta be the stupidest name of the lot because 1. you use your arms and 2. there are no rules.

luka

HELL_SD said:
do you think if soccer wasn't such a pussy game played by overpaid pretty boys who fall over soon as look at em that you wouldn't get hooligans or is it as my mate says a tribal thing ???

...you don't see rugby hooligans cos the players take it out on the field on behalf of their supporters

I don't get it. I can appreciate the skill in soccer but like riverdance and that shit...

...you got arms, use the fuckers !!! :confused:

ahem, rugby players cause trouble over there getting boozed up and aggressive though so whats the difference. i can understand that a lot of people don't have the coordination to play a game which uses the feet and might prefer one where you hold the ball in your hands and just run though. its a lot easier.

it is tribal though sure.
easteasteastlondoneasteeasteastlondon

last night one of my stepbrothers mates came round to the carpark i work in and started playing us a cd of ICF songs by his dads mate. they were all like
'we had them millwall cunts running down the old kent road, the old kent road the old kent road'

'we left him lying in a pool of blood, tra la la la la'

'billy banana and hamfisted jake waltzing through millwalls estates'

a l,ive performance in a pub, very strange. apparently there aren't any real firms apart from west ham anymore.

benjybars

village elder.
luka said:
ahem, rugby players cause trouble over there getting boozed up and aggressive though so whats the difference. i can understand that a lot of people don't have the coordination to play a game which uses the feet and might prefer one where you hold the ball in your hands and just run though. its a lot easier.

it is tribal though sure.
easteasteastlondoneasteeasteastlondon

last night one of my stepbrothers mates came round to the carpark i work in and started playing us a cd of ICF songs by his dads mate. they were all like
'we had them millwall cunts running down the old kent road, the old kent road the old kent road'

'we left him lying in a pool of blood, tra la la la la'

'billy banana and hamfisted jake waltzing through millwalls estates'

a l,ive performance in a pub, very strange. apparently there aren't any real firms apart from west ham anymore.

luka, any chance of uploading those songs??! yeah i dunno, i support west ham and usually go to upton park a couple of times a season with my mum :) ... don't really see much trouble apart from a massive fight with chelsea behind green street a couple of years ago... obviously we did the cun*s ;)

who's seen I.D? it's quite funny. loads of old eastender actors in it.

luka

i will definietly get a copy of this cd although i won't upload it cos i don't know how. i will try and get it to someone who knows. its compelling and bizzare listening.

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
IdleRich said:
Australian Rules "Football" has gotta be the stupidest name of the lot because 1. you use your arms and 2. there are no rules.

Don't know much about AFL? It has heaps of rules. Tons of them. So many no one knows them all. It's just that they don't include rules against tackling from any direction or sheparding.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Don't know much about AFL? It has heaps of rules. Tons of them. So many no one knows them all. It's just that they don't include rules against tackling from any direction or sheparding."
I know all that I need to know, it's yet another inferior game invented and played solely by a country without a decent football team or culture.
ps That's supposed to read as football culture by the way although we are talking about Australia here... (only joking)

benjybars

village elder.
IdleRich said:
I know all that I need to know, it's yet another inferior game invented and played solely by a country without a decent football team or culture.
ps That's supposed to read as football culture by the way although we are talking about Australia here... (only joking)

Aussie rules is a great game! I was a steward at an Aussie rules match at The Oval a couple of years ago. At there end of the match there was the most good-natured pitch invasion I've ever seen... Also, it was really noticeable how many more women there were in the crowd compared to an English football match and how it made for a much more fun atmosphere.

Anyway, getting back to hooligans. who's seen 'green street'?? generally ridiculous film, but why the fuck did they get a mancunian (that young guy from queer as folk) to play the top boy in the west ham firm???!! his cockney accent is SOOOOOO shit!

I think 'football factory' is the best, or most entertaining hooligan film. The guy who plays the millwall boss is properly believable (although obviously a pussy compared to any ICF boys.. c'mon you irons! ;)

Canada J Soup

Monkey Man
I'm a big fan of the book Among The Thugs by Bill Buford: An American writer (who later edited Granta and the literary pages of the New Yorker), he became facinated with hooligan culture while studying in the UK and ended up following the 'Inter City Jibbers' to various Man U and England fixtures thoughout Europe. He begins his account by attempting to take a clinical, journalistic view to the violence and insane levels of drinking, but ends up being drawn to it in a way that he's never able to properly explain. It's patchy in places, but a great read.

luka

ive talked about the similarity between londons so called gang culture and the firms of days of yore. most people have been dismissive basically cos they're fooled by all the gun talk on road rap records.
take a lot at these videos though and see how many shots get let off. its getting run, taking ends, picking up a chair and threatening someone with it!

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Aussie rules is a great game! I was a steward at an Aussie rules match at The Oval a couple of years ago. At there end of the match there was the most good-natured pitch invasion I've ever seen... Also, it was really noticeable how many more women there were in the crowd compared to an English football match and how it made for a much more fun atmosphere.

was at the Brazil-Ireland game on Tuesday. Loads of (nubile) women. :)

craner

Beast of Burden
Those kids need to take some time out in Congo.

They'd be running home, curling up in bed.