Test Yr Reggae Knowledge Here Now!

luka

help out my good friend joe who just asked me this question

also luka, can you help me find some records?

- where can i find a copy of
i-roy's sidewalk killer and black mans time. is it on
any LPs?

well? is it? where can it be found?

carlos

manos de piedra
sidewalk killer is on "Don't Check Me With No Lightweight Stuff" (Blood & Fire) and on "Touting I Self" (Heartbeat)- i own both of these on CD, not sure about LP

Clubberlang

The Blood & Fire had LP release, I believe (most of their early releases did anyway.) Not sure about the Heartbeat collection. Good luck finding the 7". Never heard "Black Man's Time", but according to allmusic it's on a Music Club Deejay's comp. That'll be CD only most likely.

luka

well, let me and my mate come up with some questions for you. i'll get back to you in a day or two. we'll make this into a proper thread. thank you very much for the help though.

zhao

there are no accidents
I've been gettin nice to 2 Cutty Ranks records from 1991 - From Mi Heart and Retreat. very good. funny I never sought out his earlier material having only heard the recent Bugged out shit.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
how did the following die (seperately, but in strange circumstances)?

hugh mundell

leslie kong

keith 'slim' smith

garnett silk

luka

didn't garnett silk die in a gas expolision round his mums house. (and died in her arms)

D

droid

matt b said:
yep. gas canister explosion. :(

Apparently, he was in the process of buying a shotgun at the time, him and his mates were messing with it, it went off, blew up the cannister, they all escaped, but Garnett went back in to rescue his Mother. When the firemen found them, they were in each others arms...

Leslie Kong died of a heart atack - something to do with his ice cream shop perhaps?

Slim Smith bled to death after a) slashing his wrists or b) smashing a window whilst drunk. Particularly tragic as he had the voice of an angel, and was only 25 when he died...

Hugh mundell was shot by someone... not sure who...

Heres a few more freaky ones:

Don Drummond

Junjo Lawes

Judge Dread

Michael Smith

Any Guesses?

matt b

Indexing all opinion
droid said:
Leslie Kong died of a heart atack - something to do with his ice cream shop perhaps?

nope. he was cursed by bunny wailer

droid said:
Slim Smith bled to death after a) slashing his wrists or b) smashing a window whilst drunk. Particularly tragic as he had the voice of an angel, and was only 25 when he died...?

after punching out the windows of his mother's house. voodoo may have been involved.

droid said:
Hugh mundell was shot by someone

... in an argument over a... FRIDGE!

matt b

Indexing all opinion
don drummond- died in an belleview [?] asylum. suicide or murder?

junjo- shot due to gangster business in london

fuck knows about the other 2

D

droid

Correct! - the official verdict on Don Drummond was 'suspicious circumstances'...

Judge Dread died of a heart attack on stage.

Dub poet Michael Smith died after being stoned to death by JLP thugs...

Im even more depressed now...