political violence / protests

Hi,

I'm trying to write an anthropology masters dissertation on political violence/ protest. I need to get in contact with people who have been involved in political protests, violent or non-violent in the past to find out people's views on what the best tactic is for achieving change and whether violence can be seen as justified if it provides a means to an end.

I'm also eager to hear from people who might have lived for some time in areas that have been the locus of riots in the past, Brixton, Broadwater, Oldham, Bradford etc. and how what changes they have witnessed in the communities since the events, and if they believe police / state responses to the riots have ameliorated or worsened the situation.

Any help that anyone could offer, or any pointers in the right direction, would be hugely, hugely appreciated. I'm not in the business of grabbing confessions from people. I can offer complete anonymity in the write up and I'm perfectly happy for people to write to me under fake names. (... and in case you were wondering, my name here on this site was originally a reference to my one-time dj-name, lady filth ;) )

I'm contactable at lisamartinson@gmail.com / ucsalam@ucl.ac.uk

cheers and thanks for your time!!!

Lisa