When Lordi roamed the Earth

polystyle

Clicking through Cable TV this evening , stopped on what appeared to be a Star Trek Klingon fest.
Wrong , it was Lordi's video clip of them doing their Eurovision Song Contest winner ...

jk_gabba

gabba survivor
So after Bucks Fizz starting the era of crap dance routines on eurovision in the 80s, do you think next years contest will be full of euro metal acts, i kinda hope so..

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
I definitely hope so, I'm actually thrilled that these guys won having never heard a lick of their music. Anything to upset the applecart of cheese that is eurovision.

polystyle

Gwar def had their moment(s) ...
Saw a couple of their shows bk then , funny and some of the tunes were not bad .

Lordi's got those bat wing membrane things going on ,
rocking some semi - "Predator" and Ridley Scott "Legend" era gargoyle looks as well
Didn't even catch the song

bassnation

the abyss
polystyle desu said:
Saw a couple of their shows bk then , funny and some of the tunes were not bad .

Lordi's got those bat wing membrane things going on ,
rocking some semi - "Predator" and Ridley Scott "Legend" era gargoyle looks as well
Didn't even catch the song

plus the romero influence. i love the fact that death metal won the contest - even better, the predictable denounciations from the usual religious groups about lordi being "evil", a more harmless group of people you'd be seriously pushed to find.

bassnation

the abyss
polystyle desu said:

ah yes, gwar - remember those from my maximum rocknroll reading days. who was that other artist who regularly featured for his antics? gg allin? what used to go on with his stage show then, it seemed to be about him puking, fighting and cutting himself amongst other things.

hint

party record with a siren
jk_gabba said:
So after Bucks Fizz starting the era of crap dance routines on eurovision in the 80s, do you think next years contest will be full of euro metal acts, i kinda hope so..

Mortiis to represent Norway next year, perhaps?

It was certainly an entertaining year - Latvia with their acapella / beatboxing / moonwalking robot boy band... that entry with the lyrics "we are the winners of Eurovision! VOTE FOR US!"... Germany represented by a Country and Western Band called Texas Lightnin', fronted by an Australian...

polystyle

I hear that BassNation - GG Allin

Almost total nutter , one of my groups opened for his notorious last show @ The Gas Station on LES
bk in . . . 1991 or 2.
Crazy gig for sure ... long story but the guy spent his gig $ on dope that night and croaked up the street from the gig - after chasing part of the audience up the avenue with his paws full of his own *hit .
We were all safely out of flinging distance and laughing our heads off.
Two cop cars arrive from two different directions -they take one look at the GG running amok
and backed out at high speed , like a comedy flick