Entropy

Asger

Matki wandalki
Basically I haven't done any research besides reading Jeremy Rifkin's Entropy - A New World View (which is pretty old - from 1980 and I may be a bit late on this) and googling/wikipeading, but was hoping a dissensian would have some technical in-sight/knowledge on the topic. I'm specifically looking for (good) critique (if there is any), but any view/critique is interesting...

I've read this one (as linked to from Wikipedia), but that doesn't seem well-founded (even refers to a "fourth law" of entropy, which Rifkin is being quoted for - I haven't been able to find this in his book though?!). So uptill now I haven't found anything that contradicts Rifkin's theories (again I'm sorry if the theory is now considered obvious scientific truth)...

//Asger

Sorry for lack of linguistic instinct, but english is not my native language...

polystyle

Waiting for the Heat Death

If this is the same Jeremy Rifkin who has doomsaying about all kinds of things over his career ,
he's a bit of a one noter .
'Earth is a closed system' and 'doesn't believe in evolution' ? tells you something of his 'science'

The link is to an interesting destination though ,
glad to see they are acutally still going on (The Foresight Inst.)
Drexler was one of the first to write about developing nanotech and his books opened quite a few minds and 'Grey goo' scenarios aside ,
has always been a fruitful read & think ...